34| Akriti's Half Lie

Published on 6th September 2021.
_______________________________

Our DM won the silver medal in Paralympics!

Vote, comment, share and follow...
Happy reading!

This night is cold in the kingdom
I can feel you fade away
From the kitchen to the bathroom sink and
Your steps keep me awake

– S H R U T I –

I tossed around on the bed and my palm went towards my stomach which was paining like anything. The date of my menses was near and I could only wait for it. Mr periods, don't arrive now!

Although last night was good, actually better compared to our first time, I could still feel the soreness between my legs inspite us going slow throught. I took a deep breath and turned around again to get some rest.

"Why are you moving so much?" I heard Rishabh's sleepy voice as he tightened the hold of his arm around me. Even I was feeling sleepy; we slept too late last night.

I don't know how he convinced, or better tricked me into watching a movie at night, which at last led to him on top of me and us eating each other's faces. Even thinking about it is making my mind roam in a totally different dimension!

Why is the room getting too hot?

My gaze went towards the clock hung on the wall and my eyes widened on their own. No way! I shook Rishabh by his shoulders to break his sleep. There was no way we were going to miss Radhika's daughter's naming ceremony.

"Rishabh, get up! It's six thirty!"

"It's just six-thirty. No one gets the right to disturb my slumber. Let me sleep." He whined and turned his back to me.

"I'm your wife."

"Wife too." He said and I gasped at his answer.

Piece of sh

"Rituals will be starting at nine. Get up!" I said and he being a sleepy head paid no heed to my words. "You know what? Get a good sleep. I don't want to miss this puja." I rushed out of the bed and ran to bathroom to get ready.

"I guess we're late." He mumbled as we entered Ansh and Radhika's place, which was in the process of getting ready for the rituals.

"Too late. Just because of you." I corrected Rishabh and he narrowed his eyes. I wasn't lying though. Only when I reminded him off that the puja was for his own niece, he threw the blanket up in air and rushed to get a quick bath.

I wrapped the end of the silk saree I wore through my back and walked to ma and Radhika.

"Shruti, did you bring the things I told you to?" Ma asked and I nodded while handing over the bags to her. My gaze went towards the little girl who was sleeping peacefully on the bed. Although she was discharged just three days ago, she was glowing healthily.

"Hello everyone." Hearing a known voice, I turned around and saw Akriti walking in with a sleeping Adit on her side. Akriti and here? If they could call distant relatives, Akriti was a close one.

"Let him sleep here." Radhika said and Akriti nodded before laying Adit on the bed. She let out a sigh and walked to me.

"How's everything going on?"

"Good." When I saw the frown lines on her forehead, I couldn't help but ask, "Why are you so tense?"

"Nothing. I couldn't sleep properly last night. Adit had a fever."