52| Yours, With Love

Published on 31st March 2022.
___________________________

The last chapter and I'm already crying.

Can I fall for this song more?

#jokeoftheday— A guy in my class asked my bestie to set me up with him. You know why? Just because he wanted me to help him with studies; in a simple language, do his projects! I mean wtf! I told my bestie to tell him, “He's just like my brother.” I mean ofcourse, all Indians are my brothers and sisters, so.....

Don't forget to read the note in the end and drop your questions if you want to.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

– S H R U T I –

"How's everything there?" Akriti asked and I smiled.

"Great! Everyone's fine."

"What about you and Rishabh? There are no problems right? If there is something, you can always share it with us." Ma said and Akriti shook her head in support.

"I won't say there are no issues. But they come and go. We've decided to talk and solve them before it could lead further." I picked a freshly fried hot pakoda from the plate and put it in my mouth. It tasted heaven. I can cook but I could never beat mumma's cooking skills of years.

"It's good. When is Rishabh going to be here?" Papa asked and I dialled Rishabh's number to ask when he was going to be with us. Today, I finished early than usual and decided to spend some time with mumma, papa and Akriti. Rishabh had some work and told me he'd be a little late. We had planned to stay the night here and I couldn't be happier.

"Rishi." I mumbled and saw Akriti mouthing the same to tease me. I glared at her and her smirk raised higher. "Papa is asking for you. When will you be here?"

"Papa or you? Don't lie to me. I know it's you who wants me to be there. Just tell me once and I'll be beside you in a few seconds."

"Rishabh, shut up!"

I would've loved to hear him flirt with me but my phone was on speaker. Everyone easily heard what Rishabh said and the only thing I wished was to be swallowed by the ground.

It was embarrassing!

My hands weren't helping me either. Seeing Akriti's teasing expressions and my parents looking away everywhere but me, the anxiety hit me and I couldn't switch the speaker off. Before I could tell him that I was sitting in front of everyone and the volume of phone was high for show, Rishabh started speaking again.

"Why? Is this another plot change of yours to seduce me? Trust me, you don't have to do this. I'm already whipped for you. I can't wait to see you already."

"Rishabh, the phone is on speaker."

"You're joking, aren't you?"

"No, she isn't lying. By the way, you didn't have to stop. We were enjoying the show." Akriti joked and I elbowed her side. She turned to me and pinched my arm, "Shruti!" I glared at her and pulled strands of her hairs, causing her to scream.

"Enough! Stop it you both!" Papa shouted at us and took the phone from me. "Rishabh, how long would it take you there?"

"Just five minutes papa. I'm on the way."