40| Her Fear and Love

Published on 30th October 2021.
_____________________________

This chapter is one of my favorites.

For those who think that Shruti isn't contributing equally in the relationship, you need to think from her perspective and what she has been through.

Seeing a relationship budding from its very first step and then ending abruptly on a bad note, she fears falling into a same category and divorcing.

Although Rishabh has always made her feel cared, that fear still resides. Yash was same with Akriti too; he always made her feel that she was his everything. Rishabh being her crush doesn't mean that she can trust upon him without even knowing him properly. That's where time and surety for the future plays an important role.

Hope you understand what I mean to say.

One more thing, are you able to play the attached video?

♡ Let me run my fingers through your salty hair
Go ahead, explore the island vibes
So real that you can feel it in the air
I'm revvin' up your engine

– S H R U T I –

When my body muscles ached because of sleeping in the same position, I stretched my legs and tried turning around but failed terribly because of a heavy load over me. I opened my eyes to see my condition and my gaze went towards a black-haired head, lying on my chest.

Rishabh!

My fingers involuntarily went between his silky locks to touch them. The only thing I knew now was that we were going to stay together. I hope it's going to be forever. For a lifetime.

I placed a kiss on his head and smiled while thinking about last night. It was beautiful. All through the night, we poured our raw emotions in every single thing we did and I couldn't help but feel proud that I got married to him.

What would've happened if papa and mumma never forced me to meet him? I wouldn't have been having him infront of my eyes. And what if I acted to be lame and denied him in the first meeting? We wouldn't have been together, probably.

I can't be more happy when I know that he would be by my side every morning when I wake up. Things people say in love! He loves me and showed me everything he meant. And, I guess, I love him too. It's impossible to think my future without him.

How ironic it is that we didn't even have anything to do with each other three months ago!

It was just ten weeks ago I met him for the first time after his farewell, after ten years. To be honest, he changed a lot from our schooling days, for the better. We're going to complete two months of our marriage in a week and I don't have any regrets.

I tried pulling his entire arm which was stuck on my waist off me and sighed when I couldn't accomplish a single percent. I loved feeling his warmth over me but he was too heavy to be on top. I couldn't even breath properly.

"Rishabh." I slowly shook his shoulders to wake him up, "Rishi..." He hummed when I called his nickname out. Rishi! "Can you get off me?" I said while running my fingers through his already disheveled hairs.

He placed a kiss on my chest and sighed before lying beside me. "Good morning. What's the time?"

"Good morning." I mumbled and turned my head towards my phone on the bedside table. As I switched the screen on, I saw a few missed calls from Aditi. When did she call? When I was busy having my good sleep. I tapped her name and called her. She picked the call on the fifth ring and I spoke, "What's the matter Aditi?"