41| Clash Of Opinions

Published on 17th November 2021.
______________________________

I saw my result (it was my father who saw it first) and I came second in class. I'm saved!

Traveling Lucknow was fabulous, inspite the unexpected periods. Okay, shopping was the only thing I enjoyed. Anyone from Lucknow?

And, when I returned back I fainted in the class. (I can literally write a page about how it feels jab chakkar aate hain. I've experienced them a lot) Thank God my friends were there to hold me.

» You're gonna meet someone new in this chapter. Excited??

Shaamein malang si
Raatein surang si
Baaghi udaan pe hi na jaane kyun
Ilahi mera jee aaye aaye

- S H R U T I -

I quietly gulped the soup I had in my bowl and looked up, only to see Rishabh smirking at me for God knows what reason. "What's the matter?" My eyebrows raised and his smirk changed into a smile.

"Nothing."

"Rishabh..." I whined.

"Remember what I told you two days ago?" He asked and I shrugged. He told me many things, how could I name one? "My wife and I had a challenge to know if I'm the right man for her." I heard him say and smiled.

I placed my hand above his and gave it a gentle squeeze, "So, got your answer?"

"I think so. As per what she told me the last morning, I know she loves me. But never got a word-to-word official statement. You know how important it is." He mumbled and I nodded while blinking my eyes.

Once upon a time this man told me that he's not good in expressing things.

And now, he was openly flirting with me!

"Close your eyes." I said and he shook his head in disbelief before moving his eyelids down. With quiet movements I stood up and leaned on the table. Before he could open his eyes, I placed a quick kiss on his lips and sat back in my seat.

"Wait! Is that a yes?" I vigorously shook my head in yes and he smiled widely. He instantly picked his chair and walked around the table to sit beside me, earning a distasteful look from a staff who was passing by. Ofcourse, no-one would like their seats to be displaced.

"Wha... what are you doing Rishabh? We're in a restaurant."

"I know."

"You better be. Well, is there any other place left to go?" Honestly, I was tired from traveling underwater. We had done many trips into the ocean to watch sealife.

"Swimming?" He said and I narrowed my eyes, "Shopping?" I thought for a moment and nodded, "I knew it." He shook his head in disbelief and I chuckled. "I need to use the bathroom. I'll be back in a minute."

As he left to use the washroom, I sighed and looked around the restaurant. A man walked just by the side of our table and stopped in his steps. He turned around and looked towards me keenly. To be honest, he looked a bit familiar.

"Shruti? Shruti Goyal. Am I right?" He said and I stood up from my seat. I now remember where I saw him. He was one of my blind dates my parents set for finding a groom. "I see you're married now. To your boyfriend?"