Chapter Sixteen

Sixteen: Worry and words

Your words, they are so foreign yet familiar.

As if I've heard them before.

In some distant dream

"How do you know which date it is?" Jimin asked, rolling on the couch. He had been trying to take a nap, but the question that abruptly come to his mind and he couldn't stop thinking of it. 

"Well, more or less, it's the same as your system. Numbers. And as of months, it is also similar like your except we don't have July and August, because we had no kings or rulers by such name." Yoongi answered. 

"How did you know that? About the months named after Kings. Many people from our world, don't even know that." Jimin asked, rolling to the other side so he could look at the elder. 

"It's my job." Yoongi answered, tapping on the book he was reading. 

"Huh?" Jimin sat up and got off the couch. He went round the table and sat down next to the Draconian. "Whatcha reading?"

"Norse Mythology." Yoongi answered, shifting aside so that Jimin would have a better look at the book. Jimin leaned over and started reading. The elder was on the page about Fólkvangr. He read a few lines before giving up and leaned back. 

"So, what exactly is your job?" 

"Jin's job is to bring things from your world, and my job is to study them and learn more of your about your world." 

"And why's that?"

"So what we can learn from the mistakes you made." Yoongi said, giving a smug grin before continuing, "And also so that we can keep a check on your world. I make sure that our world isn't revealed to your world."

"Huh... and why's that?" 

"Because we can't allow people from your world to come into our world. It's against... everything." Yoongi replied, finally looking up.

Jimin felt his heart clench inside of him. His blood going cold and for a split second the thoughts about the worst filled his minds. What if he had been reading everything wrong and everyone around him were being nice just to stall him. 

"Which is why Jin isn't telling anyone apart from us your real name." Yoongi continued, "You would've been executed."

"What..." Jimin breathed out in a frail voice. Shrinking away from the Draconian. 

Yoongi noticed it, and sighed, "Don't worry, if you think we're going to let that happen, we're not. Well, Namjoon was planning to but that was when he first came here. But, Jin talked to him and explained everything. So, you're good now. No one's going to take you away...erum. You don't have worry about it."