Chapter Forty

Forty: Things are changing

change: (noun)

an act or process through which something becomes different.

ღ

The next morning, Yoongi was the first one to wake up. A little disgruntled with his sleep, he let out a soft groan. Willing himself to open his eyes. He was too comfortable. Way too comfortable to be willing to move. It's one of those rare times when he was able to sleep properly at night and not be haunted by his nightmares. A yawn passed his lips and he tried to move his hand to cover his mouth only to realize his angel was clinging to his arm. Jimin had his back towards him, curled into him, and hugging onto his right arm as if it was pillow. He sighed, shuffled closer and nuzzling his nose into the Jimin's nape. 

"Yovu." Yoongi mumbled, nudging the younger gently. Even asleep, Jimin had a strong grip on his arm and it was unlikely he could slip away from it. He was about to try nudging the younger once again but stopped when he realized something. Furrowing his brows he propped his body on his elbows and leaned forward to get a look at Jimin. He found the younger trying to stifle a smile, while he pretended to sleep. 

Sighing, Yoongi let his body fall once again and resumed his position. Feeling the younger shudder when he nipped onto his nape. With his other hand, Yoongi slipped his hand under Jimin's shirt. Dragging his finger down the younger's side. He knew just where Jimin was ticklish.

"Eek!" Jimin squeaked and tried to wriggle away from him. But Yoongi had a firm grip on him. The elder growled playfully as he pulled the younger closer. After a few moments, Jimin stopped trying to wriggle away and relaxed his body. Then slowly, he rolled around till he faced the elder. 

Yoongi bit the inside of his cheek when his eyes fell upon the younger's face. Jimin still looked sleepy, with his hair tousled into a proper mess. His cheeks puffy, and eyes a bit swollen. But to Yoongi he looked gorgeous. 

He leaned in, pressed a kiss on the bridge of Jimin's nose. 

Jimin let out a soft sigh at the feeling of Yoongi's lips against over his skin. He closed his eyes to focus on the feeling before opening them once again. He eyes fell onto the elder's chest. Gasping quietly when he saw a litter over red, and pink, some even purple marks littered all over the elder's chest. But what surprised him even more than the Ife mark over his collar bone was gone. There was a new one, on Yoongi's chest, right over where the elder's heart would be. 

"Hyung." Jimin called softly, letting his fingers graze over the new mark. Watching it shimmer in a shade of warm yellow with flickers of purple. 

"Hmm?" Yoongi voice was groggy, and he could feel the vibrations soak down to his bones. The elder looked down to where the younger's hand were. And the reaction he gave him was not something Jimin was expecting.