Nail Polish - Fluff

Description: Dream has a bad habit of biting his nails when he's focused or thinking, in an attempt to make him stop for his own safety; Sapnap suggests painting his nails. (HC: Sapnap wears nail polish because he thought it looked cool, he continued to wear it because it kinda protected his nails from chipping and also because it makes him look absolutely fabulous)

TW: None I think

A/N: this is an idea that popped into my head and is not at all me projecting how I stop myself from biting my nails onto a character. not at all... definitely not...

quotes (') with italics is talking

———––-

Sapnap watched as Dream bit his nails for the fifth time that hour; seriously, how bad is this habit of his? 'Dream, you're biting your nails again' Sapnap spoke softly, as to not startle the other who was deep in thought. Dream hummed as he sent Sapnap an apologetic smile. Dream leaned down to place a gentle and loving kiss on Sapnap's nose. the younger responding in a fit of giggles.

Despite Dream constantly biting at his nails, they were pretty long.

In the corner of Sapnap's eye, he could see a nail polish kit. The kit belonged to Niki, but she had left it there in case Sapnap wanted to try other colours than red, white, and black. A sudden idea popped into Sapnap's mind as he slid himself off of Dream's lap and off the couch. Sapnap grabbed at it and almost spilt the contents out; thankfully it didn't, the noise would be immeasurable. 

Sapnap brought the kit to the couch, Dream seemingly taking notice but not commenting on it yet. 'Hey Dre?' Sapnap called for his attention; Dream humming in response. 'Can I paint your nails' Sapnap asked bluntly, Dream turned to face the raven haired man; 'Why?' Dream asked, confused. 'cuz you're ugly and it'll make you prettier' Sapnap replied without missing a beat. the white haired man hysterically wheezed, obviously not taking the insult to heart, Sapnap laughing shortly after Dream started wheezing.

Once the laughter had subsided, the older smiled and placed his hand in his lover's lap. 'What color?' Sapnap asked, tracing a vein on Dream's hand; 'Green' Dream replied without much thought. The raven haired man hummed in reply, taking out the necessary products and starting to touch up on Dream's nails.

-

After, about an hour of mistakes and telling Dream to keep his hand still for at least 3 minutes; Sapnap finished the pedicure. Sapnap gave a confident grin at his work, it looked pretty professional. Dream complimented Sapnap's work, stroking the younger's ego even more.

'Okay, now go soak your nails in ice water for 10 minutes' Sapnap commanded; '...what?' Dream asked hesitantly. 'Did I stutter? stupid bitch?' Sapnap questioned; Dream whined but complied with his command.

-

'My fingertips are numb.' The floridian complained, 'And my patience dropped like 90% because of how much you move, what are you getting at?' The texan asked sassily. Dream only smiled as the texan put away the manicure kit and sat back down on the couch.

Sapnap looked up at the taller; 'Is there something on my face?' He asked, the snowy haired man shook his head and planted another gentle kiss on the younger's nose. a small smile gracing Sapnap's lips at the gesture.

'Love you'

'Love you too'

———––-

I haven't updated in 2 days, my fever stopped but my throat got worse, my uncle got ✨COVID✨, I have a project due on Monday and I have to film myself but I'm busy tomorrow

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO COME OUT YESTERDAY— I'M SO SORRY Y'ALL—