Dancing with a Stranger - Fluff

Description: The prince of blazes is invited to a masquerade ball in the End City. He ends up going and dances with a snowy-haired male but he enjoys it.

Type: Def Romantic

A/N: So, Tommy dropped a fat angst bomb on the fandom so... you guys get some fluff! I actually wanted to write something angsty related to it so that's that explains the art- I might do it but... maybe after the shock has died down-

AU: Royalty AU

Written: 2 March 2021 ~ 4 March 2021

──✦✦✦✦──

'May I?' A snowy-haired man asked as he extended his hand towards the other, his voice was sweet and smooth like honey. emerald green eyes peeking through his dark green mask. 

Sapnap shuffled hesitantly but swallowed and took his hand anyways. No one would see him, right?

Sapnap was known as the prince of blazes, Sapnap would be invited to multiple balls, repeatedly in hopes that the host could get a dance with him but alas, nothing came of it.

Sapnap rarely danced, he was a natural heart breaker with a longing to just sleep for 48 days and 97 years, maybe even longer. he could never however, with his fellow blazeborns being torn to shreds almost daily for the sole purpose of going to another dimension, mostly on the part of humans but not his point.

But this one felt different. he was invited by someone he didn't know. a masquerade ball, he recognized some of his friends but everyone else? he didn't know.

He agreed, although hesitant and made plans to go to the ball with the Prince of Guardians, whom he was close friends with, named George.

Plans fell through as George had accidentally missed multiple calls and was no where to be found, so instead, Sapnap went with Prince of the Inbetween and Prince of Persuasion, at the cost of his virgin ears' innocence being taken away by them eating each other's every 5 seconds.

Sapnap awkwardly stood at the bar with other princes and princesses who didn't want to be there either but as heirs to the throne they had to be acquainted with the other future rulers.

Sapnap was quick to shut down almost everyone except for the man in front of him. whom he was now dancing with.

Sapnap felt the gaze of the crowd shift toward him and the other as the song switched to something he was familiar with. did I mention the man in front of Sapnap had the softest smile on his face as if he was watching someone he already knew despite the two just meeting? yeah, well now you know.

Sapnap heard the man softly humming the lyrics of the song and taking a small step of courage, he spoke.

look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new

The emerald eyes widened but quickly returned to a calm and soft expression.

ooh, baby baby, I'm dancing with a stranger

Sapnap felt his face heat up at the sound of his voice, his gaze was intimating, his voice was smooth and sweet, and oh god those eyes.

look what you made me do, I'm with somebody new

Sapnap felt more flustered as they danced seemingly peacefully, the spotlight was mostly on them now.

ooh baby, baby, I'm dancing with a stranger

After the dance Sapnap approached the table of Mr. Inbetween and Mr. Persuasion.

'Enjoyed your little dance?' Quackity chuckled. 'shut it.' Sapnap hissed in embarrassment. 'Did you at least enjoy it? I mean, that was your first dance' Karl asked softly. Sapnap buried his face in his hands before hesitantly replying '...yes, I did, he was cute too'.

'wait do you only dance with guys?' Quackity asked 'Oh my god shut up-'

──✦✦✦✦──

so I said that in my groupchat last night and I regret it so much, literally the text underneath that is “I'm never saying that ever again

...so I said that in my groupchat last night and I regret it so much, literally the text underneath that is “I'm never saying that ever again.”

but anyways, sorry this took so long! I didn't get in as much content as I wanted in those days since I was unmotivated, but hey it's here now so—