ikigai

The Truth by India.Arie

Glendale, AZ
Monday June 2nd
Samir Cadaver | Sage

"Hey." Mindy said as she appeared next to Samir randomly, Samir looked down at the small woman before continuing to walk, "so I was thinking maybe we could spar today? Just so you know um I could learn a few tips maybe." Samir looked back down at her and said nothing.

"My sign language isn't the best, far from it actually, but I think I know like the basics. Like," she signed hello and then smiled proudly when Samir did it back, "and I know like goodbye and the simple yes or no's. C-could you teach me maybe possibly um?" Mindy's cheeks tinted red as she thought about what she was asking, "I-I'm sorry this is weird since we don't even know each other well b-but um I just wanted to learn a way to communicate with you so we could like talk."

Although Samir's friends had done a lot for him, and he means a hell of a lot. They'd never gone to such lengths in order to actually want to talk with him, they'd been okay with him not responding in any type of way.

Now here's this random girl that he used to go to the same daycare with, wanting to learn a whole new language for him.

"I-I know it's super weird but I always love to learn new things and what better than someone who actually knows the language and stuff." Samir liked how she referred to it as a language some people didn't, some ignorant small-minded people just viewed it as a combination of hand gestures.

'Okay' Mindy's smile widened as she understood him.

"Great, I have exams all week so maybe we can start on Saturday. I-I you can come to mine if you want but I don't live alone, I have an older brother. It's actually my parents place but they're on vacation." Mindy said over sharing, a quality she possessed since nobody actually paid any attention to her and if anybody wanted to know her whole life story she'd be ready to spill it all, "O-or I can come to yours."

Samir wordlessly took out his phone and sent his address to Mindy, hearing her iPhone 11+ vibrate she took it out of the pocket in her grey seamless high waisted leggings and pressed on the imessage notification.

"Oh okay, I'll come around 12pm then?" Samir didn't respond as they arrived at the boxing ring.

"Do you want to um just start?" Samir had seen Mindy do a lot of exercises and what not at the gym however sparring was definitely not one of them. Samir walked over to the sack containing boxing gloves and took out his favourite all black pair of boxing gloves before handing Mindy a black and pink pair.

Teaching somebody how to box would be quite difficult for somebody who didn't speak, he didn't know how to explain stuff to her and he was unsure of her to get through to her .

Because of this he had to just use his body and his hands to show her and not tell her.

As they stood opposite each other he corrected her stance, he pointed at both her hands and she looked up at him confused before quickly understanding.

"I'm ambidextrous." Mindy said and Samir tried moving her right leg forward and she caught on to what he wanted so she allowed him to move her body with ease.

He then moved her right arm a little forward in front of her left and rolled up her hands into fists before positioning them in front of her face.

Samir had so much he wanted to say and explain but he couldn't and it was inwardly making him become angry with himself, how would he be a good teacher if he couldn't even communicate with her?

"A-are you okay, Samir?" Mindy asked putting her hand on his chest as he adjusted her posture.

Samir normally had a very stoic blank expression but now his mouth was twitching and Mindy didn't think it was because he was holding back a smile.

"Are you mad? Why are you mad, you don't have to be mad."

Mindy saw how tense Samir was and it was just unusual.

"Samir," she spoke more forcefully as she grabbed his chin in between her thumb and index finger and made him look into her eyes, "don't get angry, I understand what you're teaching me okay." She understood him. Samir thought his heart was about to break out of his rib cage, "I think words are pretty useless too I mean there's really no need for them."

That was the breaking point for him, Samir bent his head down and roughly smashed his lips onto hers pulling her closer he tried connecting their bodies as best as possible whilst wearing boxing gloves.

Mindy had never been kissed before, exactly at 23 and she was a little prude. Guys just never took an interest in her, in the shy introverted small girl.

Except for Samir here, Samir was infatuated with her as we can see by the fact that he's practically eating her face.

Samir pulled her closer by the back of her head and deepened the kiss he didn't want to wait a second seeing as though he never knew when this could happen again.

"Aye aye, both of yall stop that shit immediately! Go to the fucking locker room!" Pink tinted Mindy's cheeks as they pulled away to look at the intruder, just about everybody was looking at the two smother each other's lips. Some in lust and some in amazement however they all thought the two were realistically made for each other, neither of them spoke to anyone honestly unless spoken to in Mindy's situation and they both seemed like the exact same person just in different genders except Samir also being very violent and a brute but only some people saw that side of him, nevertheless that's 2/3 things that make them perfect for each other.