querencia

Send It On by D'Angelo

Glendale, AZ
Monday June 9th
Samir Cadaver | Sage

"So who was she?" Soraya asked excitedly as she moved out the way effectively giving Samir access to come in.

'You know who she was' he signed as he walked further into the house.

"Sup Mir." Samir sent Hezekiah a small head nod and then Hezekiah went back to his conversation with Denny.

"Why's aren't you guys having whatever this conversation is in the office?" Soraya questioned putting her hands on her hips.

Hezekiah apologised before pressing his lips to his wife's forehead and using his initiative Denny made his way to the office.

"Remember to pick Ciara up at five." Soraya said as Hezekiah began making his way to his office.

"Alright!"

"C'mon let's eat and talk." Soraya slapped Samir's arm lightly and then begun walking towards the kitchen, "there's leftover casserole, do you want that?"

Samir nodded as Soraya opened up the fridge and took the pan out of the fridge and pointed at a draw, "get me a knife please."

Samir did as instructed and handed her the santoku knife.

"Thank you, have a seat." Soraya began preparing their plates and then put them both in the microwave once finished.

"So how'd you meet?" Soraya asked as she sat down on the stool next to Samir.

'At the gym, we met the day I pierced the punching bag. She ran after me' Soraya raised her eyes at the news.

"That's cute," Soraya said with a smile, "so she's the girl you like right, just to clarify?"

Samir nodded and pushed down on his knuckles to release the tension in them.

"And what do you want from her? What do you think she wants from you?"

'To talk that's common sense' Soraya rolled her eyes and shook her hand simultaneously pushing down his hands.

"Ciara walked past your room and said she overheard her talking about catching onto something or learning quick and also asking how to say 'how'. You were teaching her sign language." It wasn't a question but phrased in such a way.

Samir hesitantly nodded and looked away from Soraya, "I don't think she expects you to speak to her Samir, I think she just expects you to communicate with her, be there for her and support her. That can be done without the use of speech."

'I understand that' Samir signed without looking at her.

"Do you, Mir?" Soraya rhetorically asked before getting off the stool and going to the microwave as it begun beeping, "I don't think you do, it seems to me that you're holding something back."

Samir didn't respond since she wasn't looking at him, Soraya got a knife and fork and put his plate in front of him before putting her plate in the microwave and then coming back to sit beside him.