atelophobia

Selfish by Slum Village, John Legend, Kanye West

Glendale, AZ
Saturday June 7th
Mindy Manor | MM

Mindy hadn't ever been to Samir's house before.

"Okay you've come this far," she said to herself, "might as well just go in." She paused J. Cole as he was in the middle of singing In The Morning. And then she braced herself for what she was about to do.

"Let's just go, you can do this." She hyped herself up ignoring all the other cars in the driveway and getting out of her car. She closed the door behind her and started walking up the driveway.

Approaching the front door she double knocked hoping it'd be her silent companion who was on the other side wanting to see her as much as she wanted to see him.

"Hello." Instead it was a tall brownskin woman on the other side, "how can i help you?" Mindy looked at her astounded not knowing what to say.

"Well," The woman whom answered the door looked at her up and down before kissing her teeth, "aren't you going to say something?"

"Gianni Giuseppe get away from that damn door, you do not live here in order to be answering doors. Who do you think you are?" Mindy's mouth dropped as she recognised the voice and the daycare worker who she grew to love as a child made an appearance.

"Whatever." Gianni rolled her eyes and stepped away from the door as Soraya replaced her.

"Hello, babygirl how can I help you?" Mindy didn't know if she remembered her but it was so amazing to hear her voice again.

"s-soraya." She stuttered shocked.

"Yes, that's my name. What's yours, love?"

"M-mindy." Soraya smiled sweetly.

"Mindy, short shy little Mindy?" Mindy nodded innocently as she smiled too, "it's lovely to see you, Mindy, I haven't seen you since you were about eight. How are you?"

"I'm okay ma'am, I just came to visit Samir." Soraya's smile widened if that's possible.

"Samir, Samir. Samir Cadaver, so you're the young girl he was telling me about?" Mindy was at a lost for words was Soraya pulled her into the house, Mindy couldn't believe he'd even told people about her. Especially Soraya of all people.

"Samir, Mindy is here to see you!" Mindy looked around the house and there was about 10 people there, she noticed all but one.

although it'd been a long time since she'd seen the rest of Samir's friendship group she could slightly notice features from their younger selves.

Samir walked through the hallway and approached Mindy and Soraya.

He waved slightly at Mindy before going into the living room.

"Now Samir I know you didn't just wave at this girl then leave, get your black ass back here. I'm sorry baby he can be a damn fool sometimes. I didn't know he invited you."

"Uh, I-I no he didn't. I-I kind've invited myself, i wanted to talk to Samir about something. He always told me he was going to teach me ASL," Mindy looked up at Samir as she said the last part, "I'm ready for my lesson." Samir looked down at her shocked however made sure to hide it well behind his stoic expression.