2-10: Speed

".....So, care to tell me why you intentionally chose to get 3rd place rather than 1st?" 

"It wasn't intentional." 

"I highly doubt that, considering who is in the top 2 spots." 

".....What about the people in the top 2 spots?" 

"Huh? Isn't it obvious? You're close to both of them, so I can imagine that you intentionally got yourself tagged to let them win." 

".....It was just a coincidence."

".....A coincidence?" 

"Yes."

"A coincidence, wherein the top 1 doesn't excel in physical-related things, happen to be close to you. That's a pretty freaky coincidence, don't you think?"

"That's my line, but, yes, it's just a freaky coincidence." 

"Honestly, I can't understand how that brain of yours works."

"And it's better that way."

~Earlier~

Ayanokouji POV

I was still seating on the same bench for about a quarter of an hour now, I haven't encountered any tagger nor participant the whole time I was here, weird, I thought for sure that there should be at least one tagger who would come after me, but I guess I was wrong? Or are they just waiting for the right time to strike? Well, either way, it's not going to affect the plan, it'll only be delayed.

I can go back to the gymnasium to check the live broadcast, but, I remember that I caused chaos, so I'll pass on that idea. It's too hot, I guess I should go get water from the cafeteria, that's the only place I can get water without the need to spend any points, except my room of course, anyway, I guess I should get going now.

I ran towards the cafeteria, hopefully, I don't encounter anyone yet since I am really thirsty. 

I was nearing the school building where the cafeteria was located, and I'm just currently remembering that I wasn't wearing nor bringing my blazer with me, which means, I forgot it where I was earlier. Well, this is troublesome, should I go get it back? No, that would be a waste of energy, especially, considering how far I am from that place now, I guess I'll just buy a new one, or maybe come back for it once the Special Exam is done.

After a few minutes, I finally reached the cafeteria. That took a little longer than I expected, but that doesn't matter much.

I took two free bottles of water and drank one of them in a matter of seconds, I was planning to drink the second one, but since it might make my stomach heavier, I decided against it. I ran out of the school building, and like earlier, it's still hot. I wonder, should I remove my top? Would that be against school rules? Hmm, I don't think it is considering Kouenji had done it before, I think, but if I do that, I won't have a place to put the camera, also I don't want to be mistaken as a pervert by those who are watching, maybe if I was someone like Yousuke, it might be welcomed, but unfortunately, I'm not like him.

While thinking about what I should do to lessen the heat that I feel, I felt something cold in my right hand, and I looked at it..... I guess it's better than running around the school while topless.

I went to an area where there was soil so that the water would get absorbed by the ground quicker. I opened the cap of the water bottle and looked at it for a few seconds.