2-13

Ayanokouji POV

The [Shokugeki] has begun, all the participants have started their prepping, to be honest, it's very entertaining, especially Horikita, she was wearing a soft expression, but still had a focused look, and I should also mention her knife skills which are top-notch. Note to self, don't go near Horikita when she's holding a knife.

Ryuuen is also pretty entertaining to watch, he looks pretty focused, what a rare sight, he also looks like he's enjoying himself, good for him, but I didn't expect him to know how to cook or be skilled at it.

Next was Kamuro, she wasn't as fast as the former two names that I have mentioned, but, I can tell she has experience in cooking, she's probably above average, not only that, according to Sakayanagi, Kamuro's also pretty reliable, that's a top tier wife candidate.

Anyway, back to the participants, the next one that caught my eye was Sakayanagi, she was sitting down, but her pace wasn't slow, in fact, she's even ahead of a few participants.

I also observed other participants, most of them are just the same level as one another, there were a few notable people who were flailing around, some were displaying clumsiness as well.

Soon enough, the whole venue was filled with different aromas, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't making me hungry. I can see most of the participants have started to sweat even more. I'm feeling something that I had felt when I fought Sakayanagi in chess and when I ran against Horikita Manabu..... Excitement.

"Participants, you only have exactly 1 hour left." Mashima-sensei announced.

Everyone picked up their pace and started doing the important parts of their procedure, Horikita on the other hand had started looking for plates, probably for her plating. One of the participants was flambeing something, that looks fun, but I shouldn't do that in my dorm, that dangerous.

Watching the participants cook, made me curious what countries they chose, especially the people with who I'm acquainted with. So 18 participants, 18 different countries..... I wonder what it's like in other countries, I wish I could at least go to a few countries someday.

Watching them cook, makes me want to cook for some reason, although cooking may be a bit tiring and stuff, it's still something enjoyable whether you're a professional or not, well, at least that's what I think.

"Participants, please start plating, you only have 30 seconds left." Wow, that was quick, I was just spacing out for a few moments.

After that announcement, the participants started their plating, a lot of dishes look very appetizing, it's making my mouth water, in the White Room, the variety of the food that we can eat is limited, so something like this for a White Room student is like a  normal person receiving a lot of money, that is of course if they like food, but who doesn't like food?

"10..... 9..... 8..... 7..... 6..... 5..... 4..... 3..... 2..... 1..... Please step away from your plates." Mashima-sensei said and everyone did what they were told.

"That was a pretty entertaining round, but now, it's time for the judging part. We will go by a certain order, once your name is called, please bring your dish to the judges." Mashima-sensei said.

"Now, starting from Class D, Hirata Yousuke, please present your dish." Mashima-sensei said and Hirata did what he was told, he walked up to us with a smile and gave us one portion of his dish.

"Oooh~ It smells nice." Hoshinomiya-sensei, who thankfully was two seats away from me, said.

"Please, tell us about your dish." Chabashira-sensei, who is also a judge, said.