2-16: I'm alive :)

*I know, been 3 months, sorry about that.
_________________________________________________________________

"What do you mean half of the participants already lost?" 

"Did you not get the update through your phone?" Horikita asked.

"Well, I haven't really charged my phone since last night, so no." I replied.

"Well, here, then. Take a look." She said as she showed me her phone.

"Hm... Well, I wouldn't necessarily say half, it's more than half." I said.

"Yes, and it's worrying since Kushida-san and Hirata-kun were among those."

"I see... Well, nothing we can do about it. The more we dwell on the matter, the less progress we're going to make." I said as I finished my water-diluted soda.

"Right... That aside, I have another question for you." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"How can you even drink that?" She asked and I just shrugged.

"Well, I'll be going Horikita." I said and she nodded, then I stood up from my seat and exited the fast-food chain.

"I guess my 60 mins starts now..." I muttered to myself as I set the timer on my phone.

I wonder, who should I bother next? The members of the Ayanokouji group are in class... So... No one... I should've stayed with Horikita. No, wait, what about Ichinose? I'm sure she'd be energetic enough to keep me company for a few hours. But how do I ask her? 

Hmm... if I reveal my intentions, it might make her cautious, and might not want to meet... I'll just try to ask normally.

I took my phone out and dialed her number. Hopefully, she isn't busy.

*Phone Ringing noises*

<Hello?> 

Oh good, she picked up.

"Hello Ichinose, hope I didn't disturb anything." I said.

<Oh, don't worry. You didn't! Anyways... Did you need something, Ayanokouji-kun?>

"Yeah, I was wondering if you could accompany me in shopping for uh... food and ingredients. And I'll cook for you in return if that's alright." I said.

<I-I'm on my way!> She said with a very energetic voice.

<W-Wait I almost forgot, uhh, where should we meet up, Ayanokouji-kun?> She asked.

"Center of the mall, by the fountain, is that fine?" I said and she said ok, then I hung up.

That was easier than I thought... So this is the power of food? Huh, now that I'm in this position, I realize why Horikita would rely on this strategy every now and then. I wonder if she'd be willing to trade lunches...

~A few minutes later.~

"Ooiii~ Ayanokouji-kun~." Ichinose called out from afar while waving her hands and sprinting her way towards me. Normally, I'd be bothered by this, but since classes are ongoing and it's basically a ghost town here, I'm fine with it. That said, I'm surprised there are still a few students who are cutting classes, well, it doesn't look like anyone came from my class so it's not like I care.

"H-Hello, Ayanokouji-kun." She greeted as she panted.

"You didn't have to run you know? It's not like I'm in a hurry." I said.