6. Cookie Cut this Out of My Life

Since Wooyoung promised to switch shifts with Hyojong, that meant that he worked Saturday morning instead of the afternoon while Hyojong was off risking his life with Hongseok.

He was off to clock out at 12, so since 11 he's been staring at the clock every five minutes, slowly counting down the minutes till he was able to escape this sickening sweet place where Chanwoo, his boss, was now making a new recipe for mochi cookies.

"Come on, I've never heard of mochi cookies being a thing," Chanwoo said, trying to hand Wooyoung the cookie, Wooyoung slowly leaning away from him. "You have to try it, I would ask Hyojong but he doesn't come in until four since he traded shifts with you."

Wooyoung stole another glance at the clock. 11:31 AM. 29 more minutes, gosh, how he hated how he needed to work for money. "If I eat that, I'm going to throw up," Wooyoung said truthfully. "I really can't handle any more sweets today."

"Oh, all right, wouldn't want you getting sick on a Saturday afternoon," Chanwoo said. "But you should take a batch anyways and eat them when you can, you're an excellent baker and I could really use some tips, not gonna lie."

"I mean, I guess," Wooyoung said, shrugging. "I'll let you know."

Chanwoo put the cookie back on the tray and lifted it off the counter. "Well, I'm going to go put them away for now so that they don't get cold and stale," he said, heading towards the back.

Wooyoung nodded when he heard the front door opened, turning his head around to see who entered the store-

"I NEED A LARGE WHITE CHOCOLATE MOCHA WITH EXTRA WHIP CREAM AND CHOCOLATE SYRUP ON TOP!" the guy who Wooyoung now recognized as San screamed, running towards the front counter and slamming his hands on it. "I'M ABOUT TO DIE!"

Wooyoung widened his eyes at the sudden outburst but got over it two seconds later. He dealt with customers like this everyday. "Your total will be 6,200 won-"

"CHOI SAN, I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS!" Wooyoung looked towards the entrance where he saw another guy there, murderous glare on his face. "DEADASS!"

"COME ON, SEONGHWA, I'M SURE YOU DIDN'T LOOK THAT BAD IN FRONT OF HONGJOONG- please give me a mocha, I'm begging you," San said, screaming the first half to this Seonghwa and whispering the second half to Wooyoung.

Wooyoung looked at Seonghwa. "Sorry, sir, but my boss doesn't approve any more murders to happen in the cafe anymore," he said with an unapologetic face.

Seonghwa came to stand next to San, who was inching away in fear while Seonghwa looked at the menu board, arms crossed over his chest. "Well, instead of his death, I'll just have a cappuccino, then," he said. "How much will that be in total?"

"11,300 won," Wooyoung said.

"You talk about murdering me and now you're buying my drink ?" San asked Seonghwa in disbelief.

"Did you not just hear the man, his boss doesn't allow any more murders," Seonghwa reminded him, handing Wooyoung a twenty thousand won note. "Keep the change, sorry for his screaming-"

"I AM NOT SCREAMING!" San screamed.

Wooyoung completed the order and placed the remaining won into his tip jar, which he was going to take home at the end of the day. "I'll be right back and make your orders," he said, heading away from the register to prepare their drinks.

As he prepared to make the cappuccino first, he could hear the two friends argue behind him, and while usually Wooyoung would wish they wouldn't make so much noise, there was a group of seven teenagers sitting towards the back with one shouting about his watermelon, so the cafe was already being loud in general.