10. Tear-Drop Cookie

"Why are you so upset right now?" Yoongi asked Hoseok, the latter still wearing a frown on his face. "What's up?"

"I'm fine," Hoseok muttered, picking up the pace. Hoseok left the cafe when the meeting ended in a hurry, not wanting to spare another glance at Yoongi, but of course his friend had to follow him.

"Bro, serious, aren't you always telling us to be more positive and shit?" Yoongi asked. Hoseok also asked them to stop cursing so much as well, but Yoongi clearly didn't want to remember that. "Hoseok, you can always tell me anything, you know?"

Hoseok stopped in his tracks, still refusing to look at Yoongi. "I know," he said quietly.

He knew Yoongi wasn't a malicious person, he knew that; he wouldn't be friends with him if he were, much less have a crush on him.

But seeing Yoongi laughing at someone in the club having a crush on the barista... a tiny part of Hoseok wondered if Yoongi would laugh at him as well if he knew that Hoseok liked him.

"I have a lot on my mind right now, Yoongi." Hoseok turned to look at him, the two maintaining eye contact. "I can't tell you."

Yoongi sighed. "I won't force you to tell me, Hobi," he said. "I just... you know I hate seeing you upset. I feel like you've been down more often these days."

Hoseok had been feeling down, Yoongi was right, but there was no way Hoseok was going to tell him why, after all.

There was so much that Hoseok just wanted to tell him, how much it all pained his chest. He had Namjoon and Seokjin but Yoongi, Yoongi had his own views and attitudes towards certain topics and just life in general and Hoseok just admired his carefree self.

Yoongi would be telling him to ask his crush out, that if he got rejected so what? That peron wasn't worth a shit of Hoseok's time anyways, Hoseok was a thousands time more valuable than that fucking loser.

Tears welled up in his eyes. Hoseok just wanted to tell him.

"I'm scared," he said, forcing down a sob.

Yoongi looked at Hoseok, an unreadable look on his face. Was it... what was it? Concern? No, it... it was different, Hoseok was sure. "You're allowed to be scared, Hoseok," he said. "There's nothing wrong with fear. Like, shit, we all have a right to be scared, if someone makes fun of you for it tell them to fuck off-"

Hoseok laughed, wiping his face with his hands. "Its'- Yoongi, I don't want you to get in trouble for fighting," Hoseok said, reiterating what he always told Yoongi.

"I'd do it for you Hoseok. I would."

***

Cookie Club

Yuta

Hey I need help with an essay question

Hanbin

Fuck

San

You guys have homework? LMAOOOOOOO

Yuto

Bro I JUST saw you at the Japan club earlier, procrastination king

Si Cheng

You said you were done with your homework?

Yuta

Guess what, Si Cheng?

I LIED

Hoseok

Idk how you guys are so comfortable