chapter 21- the end

Naruto let go of kakashi when he heard a raspy voice call him. It was jiraiya-sensei. Kakashi and the sannin had a small chitchat and jiraiya gave kakashi the newest book he had been writing making kakashi extremely happy. After all this naruto and jiraiya  began walking away waiving at kakashi.

'Hes gone... Hes really gone'

Kakashi thought as he waved at the love of his life. He would see him in few years...in few years.

___________

"So naruto.. Hm?? Whats that?? A love letter ohh you have a girlfriend? What is she like?"

Naruto didn't notice the old hag and his question and just blushed at what he read.

Hi naruto. If you're reading this its either that you have left or sneaked into my apartment at night. If its the second one please stop reading. Anyways my dear .........

Naruto blushed while reading not being able to finish the letter before Pervy sage slapped his head to make him listen.

___________

Sasuke was looking around the village for naruto. He went to check that is he  in his house. Apparently not. The ramen shop? No one there either. He hasn't seen him in two days, he wondered where this blonde boy had gone immediately thinking about kakashi and how the two of them spet a lot of time together

'Has kakashi done something to naruto'

Sasukes eyes widen at the thought of his and began to run in the direction where he knew kakashis apartment was. He made it to the house and for his luck the door was open.

He found kakashi calmly sitting on his bed and reading the book jiraiya gave him before leaving. Sasuke jumped onto of him pinning him against the wall behind him and having a shuriken in his right hand pointed at kakashis throat ready to stab him. Kakashi was shocked not scared. He knew sasuke had no chance to kill him but he questioned why sasuke all the sudden wanted to stab his throat

"What have you done to naruto"

"You haven't heard? He left"

Kakashi said very unimpressed look on his face. Sasuke raised his eyebrow and put his shuriken back in his pocket. His left hand was against the wall and other was now resting on kakashis shoulder as he looked down on him

'Does everybody have the tendency to be on top of me nowadays'

Kakashi sighted and looked up at sasuke

"Yeah he went went to train with jiraiya for few years"

Sasuke rested his head  onto kakashis shoulder.

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"He was in a rush"

Kakashi comforted, turning his head the other way to avoid any "accidents" with sasuke. The hand he was keeping On the wall was now besides him. Only his head and legs were touching kakashi. Kakashi placed his hand on the back of sasukes head.

"You can speak with him when he comes back"

Sasuke went back to a sitting position and kakashi took away his hand. Looking at kakashi for a moment sasuke decided to get off of kakashi and left the  apartment stopping at the door step and saying:

"I know what you have done with naruto"
________

"Thank you Pervy sage!"

Naruto smiled having his face buried into the rice cup. He had been training so hard that jiraiya took him out to eat. After few drinks and many cups of rice the two made it to their hotel room. Naruto rushed into the bathroom to throw up

"I... I think there was something rotten in the rice"

He said and threw up again. Jiraiya heard this and went to the bathroom. Seeing his student throw up he took a bottle from his pocket.

"Drink this"

Naruto lifted his head up seeing the old man offer a tiny bottle filled with some kind of liquid.

"Don't say it's whiskey"

Naruto said and grabbed the bottle from jiraiya and opened it to give it a smell. Jiraiya laughed.

"No its medicine only one I can do... Tsunade thought me that just incase i needed it"

Without a second thought naruto drank it all. After he did his face turned into visible disgust.

"Why does it taste like this"

He cried

"No medicine tastes good and if it does it doesn't work"

Jiraiya smirked walking away from the bathroom with the empty bottle naruto gave him.

"Take some rest we'll train tomorrow morning."

Naruto nodded and washed his hands and face. Making sure that nobody else saw he put his hand on his cheek and closed his eyes imagining kakashi and how he would kiss and gently hold naruto in his arms.

"Kakashi..."

He smiled and opened his eyes remembering the note. He took it from his pocket and began to read.

As I earlier mentioned am already eagerly waiting for your return...

Naruto read and read not being able to finish the last sentence.

"Go to sleep naruto!"

Jiraiya demanded and naruto obeyed. He took off his shirt and opened the window besides his bed to let the wind inside. He let the fresh air fill his lungs before finally going to sleep.

__________

Jiraiya woke up and went straight to naruto.

"Come downstairs when you're awake."

Naruto didn't even twitch. Jiraiya wasn't sure did he even breathe anymore, he put his hand on narutos chest feeling no pulse or whatsoever.

He had died due to  poisoning

Everything went quiet, it was like nothing had no meaning anymore the world has died with naruto there was no saving him and jiraiya knew this and began to silently cry noticing the letter in narutos pocket.
Naruto had died before being able to finish the letter.

      Will you marry me, naruto?