Chapter 21

| What A Nobel Must Do|

"Hyung," Agust calls me as soon as I make it inside the tunnel.

I was over these tunnels about half an hour ago having to go through Min-Ki's temper.

I look at Agust just to notice that he has a plan... a dark one.

"What is the plan?" I asked as both of us drifted from the groups of rebels to talk.

He took a deep breath. "You need to tell Min-Ki my location."

My brows knit together and my eyes widen as I look at him. He has gone mad.

"What do you mean?! That would ruin everything!" I say freaking out a bit.

He shook his head. "By now, all the rebels are being assigned their stations close to Min-Ki. This is as safe as I could be. I know Min-Ki might be suspecting of you, Jaewha told me.

I blinked multiple times but I was not surprised. "It is too obvious I guess."

"I can't risk Min-Ki appearing at your house one of these days. Your family and..."

"Your mother is there..." I finish while looking down.

He is right... if he decides to accuse me of being a traitor, EVERYONE would be killed, even servants and close relatives.

"By saying where I am, it would cease his suspicion about you... and also, it would be the firsts step of my plan." I take a deep breath as I wait for him to continue. "I'm planning on showing up on the Royal Palace... on a specific day in which the butchers at the market have the duty to decapitate criminals. They are on our side." 

"Am I supposed to say that you are in this exact place?" I asked slowly, making sure what I was asking was right.

He nodded. "I have gotten the schedule of every rebel guard and have to make sure everything is correct. I have already gone through this with everyone here and the guards know what is to happen because the spies have helped spread the details."

My older brother instinct kicked right in. "Okay... but you are aware that a lot of things can go wrong..."

He slowly nodded. "But if we don't act, when will we?"

***

It's been three days but... today's the day.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I feel like the biggest traitor ever. I have never been loyal to Min-Ki but to my friends... Agust, Jungkook, and the rest. Doing this does not feel right but I have to do it so the rebellion can finally get to an end.

I take a deep breath as I go inside along with the rest of the nobility and ministers. Jaewha already knows what is to happen so at least, he will not try to stop me talking making everyone suspect. 

As usual, Min-Ki eyes all of us suspicious. He has been paranoic lately even though he tries to hide it. It's been like this ever since he found out that about Agust being alive.

I look towards the throne, trying to indicate that I have something to say. Thankfully Min-Ki picks up my indirect right away.

"Do you have anything to say, SeokJin?" His words sounded like poison from a snake ready to bite me, but I acted unaffected.

I bowed to the floor in front of him. "Your Imperial Majesty, I know where the rebels are," I said confidently outside while terrified inside. 

Many gasped in the room. Many rebels in the nobility looked at me like the biggest piece of trash while others looked at me with envy as they wished to tell the king as soon as they found out. 

Silence fills the room as no one wants to be the center of the king's attention anymore. Whatever happens next could get my family killed if I'm not careful. I slowly breathe to remain called as I feel the tension become stronger in the room. 

Rebels have been the biggest threat here... and now I have brought up the topic directly. Many rebels in the nobility like me have always tried to change the topic when it comes up but right now, there is no escape. I have to say where they are because if I'm wrong, everyone I know dies... just as simple as that.

Min-Ki raised a brow amused. "Well, where are they?" He asked with every word sounding as delicate as silk.

"Right below us." He frowned, silently asking for an explanation. "They are in the tunnels below the Royal Palace."

"What?" Min-Ki asked completely confused. "How did they get there?!" I took them there. 

I remain silent as I'm not supposed to know that and Min-Ki does not expect me to answer that.

"Your Imperial Majesty," Jaewha said stepping at front. "I suggest acting right away."

Min-Kiscoffed looking at him offended. "Of course! Send the army on shift RIGHT NOW!" 

Jokes on him, everyone in the army in the shift are rebels.

His orders are followed right away. First in the morning as all of us are here, an army is sent to the tunnels. I have to be here the entire time, none of us can leave until the rebels are brought here. I just hope nothing bad happens to them.

The doors at the entrance open abruptly. A royal guard comes in looking agitated. He is a rebel.

The uncovered rebel bows down to the floor right next to me. 

"Your Imperial Majesty! Many rebels are roaming all over the capital! There are not enough guards to help the situation!" 

Min-Ki stands up from the throne. "Arrest as many as you can. We have to set an example."

A chill runs down my spine as I know what that means. 

I just hope everything goes according to the plan. If something was to fail from now on, there would be a massive massacre.