Chapter 18

| Mess |

After the servant serves us tea, Jin finally speaks.

"His house was untouched. There were no signals of a battle of any kind... his clothes were untouched. He was shot on the head... a finishing, simple shot." Jin spoke as he gripped his mug. "The 'guard' was tall... his hair was normal and his appearance was as well." He sighs heavily.

"He could be anyone..." I trailed off.

"When the commotion stops, I can go outside and try to follow the path the 'guard' took. I'm good at that," Tae says proudly.

I nod. "Okay. But I'm going with you."

"Me too!" Eunwoo says.

"I'll go to the tunnels to inform what has happened," Jungkook says.

Jin sighs tiredly. "I'll stay here as I'm sure I'll be questioned."

Eunwoo chuckled. "Hundred percent."

"Good luck," Jin wishes before we get out of his house after finishing the tea.

As soon as we are out of Jin's room, all of us take different paths. I stick with Taehyung and Eunwoo while Jungkook jumps over the fence, and Jin gives orders to his servants.

Before we expose ourselves in the streets, I peek through the corner of the wall to make sure there are no guards around here yet. I nod, signaling that our way is clear.

Taehyung quickly looks down to the ground, looking for the killer's steps. There are clear until we get to a couple of meters further...

The killer is trying to confuse the guards... but it won't work with us. There are no steps anymore but I can see Tae quickly thinking.

"Did anyone see with which hand he shot?" 

We all stared at him blankly.

"No..." Eunwoo muttered.

I started to think...

Some people put more weight on their right foot if they are right-handed or left foot if they are left-handed... not all people but we could give it a shot.

I looked at one of his steps carefully. 

Just as I thought, his right steps are heavier.

"He's right-handed," I say, leaving them amused and confused but they don't ask.

"Then he took the left after here!" Tae says pointing to his last visible steps.

Of course... everyone would think he took the right...

We all walked to the left. It made sense to me right away as the left side was darker as it took to the outside of the capital. The right path takes to the middle of the city and thus, the path is illuminated.

We walk in the left path not knowing what to expect. 

It would be helpful if we knew on what side is the killer as there are three:

Rebels, Loyals to the crown... and the ones that are on their own side.

This third group is the most dangerous one for everyone... they are not loyal to anyone but themselves. They could betray anyone at any moment if the prize is juicy for them.

A female voice filled our ears. "HELP."

I looked everywhere trying to spot the problem but I couldn't understand. After a couple of seconds, I finally understood.