Chapter 1

| Tyrant |

I walked back to my town after all the rice hats were sold. I can already see my mother's smile when she sees all the money I got today. The people started to offer more money for the hats, they didn't give me a chance to answer as they would throw the money inside my bag and pick up their rice hat. 

There are some shortages in that town, the king has ordered them to cut their food supply and any support they were getting from other towns because they are not following his new rules. The king now has power over everyone's life, he can do whatever he pleases with them. He ordered the town to start sending the younger people to work in the palace but they all protested. No one showed up and now they are dealing with the consequences. I didn't see any of them wanting to give in any time soon though. 

They are the type of town that gives me hope; hope for a new kingdom, one where everyone can do whatever they please as long as it doesn't harm someone's integrity.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts once I get to the market. It's already late, Mother is about to close, I came just in time.

"Hi, Agust!" Jin comes in my direction with a little smile. "Was a good sales day today?" he asks as he puts his arm over my shoulders as we walk farther into the market.

"Yes. You should go to the neighboring town to sell your products, they are in need right now." I tell him.

"Okay," he chuckles. "I'll join you on your fashion of wearing a rice hat to hide part of my face," he says teasingly. 

I roll my eyes as I smile. "Yeah, be careful if you go." 

"I will!" he grins. "I'll see you later" he waves his hand as he goes into his house.

"Later!" I say before walking past his house.

I walk a couple of meters before I see my mother take all her products to go home.

"Mother," I say once I'm in front of her. "Here" I give her the bag with all the money.

"Thank you, August. I don't know what I would do without you" she chuckles. "I don't know how I did everything before, without you." A smile spreads across my face.

I start to help her carry most of the things so she doesn't have to do much effort. It doesn't take us much time to go home as we leave close to the market.

I put everything in its place as Mother goes to count the money and prepare dinner for us.

"Agust!" Mother exclaims in delight. "How did you get all this money? This is a bit more than twice what I expected you to bring back" 

"The town is having shortages of everything but money, they were desperate for the hats" I shrug.

"God, I feel bad" she mutters. "No one should need to go through that" 

I sigh as I think about it. At least they have money, their town isn't poor as mine; their economy is based on the harvest that's about to happen. I hope the king doesn't do something about it; he could starve them to death if he wanted. That worries me.

"Here you go." Mother says with a sweet voice as she gives me a little bag with coins in it.

"Thank you, Mother, but I don't need it," I say trying to give it back to her.

"Just take it," she chuckles. "You deserve it, you have been working hard." she smiles before going into the kitchen.  

"Go inside!" I hear a female voice say. 

I peak out the window to see what's happening. Two teenagers go into their house hurriedly as they laugh.

It's late, no one is out at these hours anymore; no one but guards. This is the bad thing about living in the capital.