Chapter 12

| Rebel gathering |

"Is everything ready?" I ask to Eunwoo.

"Yes," he answers smiling.

I take a deep breath before I get out of the marked house. I walk a couple of meters until I'm able to see the door opened.

Most of the rebel groups are going to be here today... the spies managed to convince all the groups around the area into coming here. 

The groups already close to the capital will be more challenging.

I see hundreds of people going in carefully. They don't fully trust us but if everything goes smoothly then they will in a couple of hours.

I walk farther to greet them. I make sure my scar is covered by my rice hat to not scared them.

After about half an hour, the door is closed again by ten men. 

Once everyone is ready to listen, I walk to the middle. When people notice this, they form a circle around me.

I take a deep breath before I take off my rice hat. 

Many of them gasp, some others point their weapons at me, and others just look at me frozen on their spots.

"I knew we shouldn't have to come!" Someone screamed angrily.

"I'm not him," I say clearly to all of them.

"You won't fool us, tyrant! We all have seen your face before!" Someone else says in the back.

"I'm his twin," I deadpan to all of them.

One by one they stop pointing their weapons at me but their guards are never down. 

I internally sigh relieved. This is when I need all my swag to show.

"Twin..." many people repeat at the same time.

I turn to look at him. "Yes."

Silence sets in everyone but I can see that their minds are troubled. I decide to stay quiet as I let myself look at all of them.

They all have different faces but the same expression right now. I see hope and anger in them, but not anger towards me in specific. I'm their hope. I'm my hope as well.

"W-why would we trust you?!" A woman asks me as she walks forward.

"See this." I point to my scar crossing my eye. "Min-Ki did this to me the day I 'died.' I was saved by our master that night. He took me to a place where he would never find me... the market in the capital."

All of them understood my point.

The market of the capital has bad fame. It is said to be a dangerous place full of 'rebels' and sinners because of the butchers. 
In my new life as Agust, I learned that all the people I was taught were evil were the opposite. They all have taught me something useful in life. 

I remember my first weeks living there. My mother had wrapped bandages on the side of my face to protect my still fresh wound. I would always sit next to her wearing a rice hat in the market as she sold her products. Everyone in the market would look at me weird for the first week but when they saw my mother, protecting and taking care of me as if I was her own son, they quickly considered me one of them.

I have seen the real world, the one Min-Ki likes to ignore. I quickly made friends while he would desolate himself from everyone because no one was 'worthy enough.'

The only thing we have in common in this world is our faces, nothing else.

"How do we know you are not a tyrant?" A man in his mid-30s asks as he narrows his eyes at me.

"I'm not like him... I have never been like him. I know what people truly need. I'm not afraid of listening. I know I'm not someone superior from everyone else. I'm just a human, like all of you... I want to see Korean back to the glory it used to have... back to those times where everyone could express themselves and do everything they wanted as long as it didn't put anyone in danger."

Many smiled at my words. A group looks at each other before they nod.

"We, rebels from the south, will follow you, Min Yoongi."

After that was said, many others spoke up. 

My eyes were widening as more and more were accepting to follow me and unite forces with each other.

In the end, all of them accepted me.

Now the plan is clear. I need to make sure that everyone comes together to attack Min-Ki as one, not as many groups.

I haven't had time to explore this camp, but I know it's huge. It has enough empty houses for new people and more. We are not full of people yet and when we get there, we'll figure out how to accommodate more people here.

I walk to the marked house to look at the updated map. I sit down in front of the map as I start to study it.

I start to erase circles as many of the groups around here are going to come here. After I'm done, I look at the map again.

All the circles left are now close to or in the capital. I'm worried about these groups the most, they are more vulnerable after all.

My eyes instinctively go to the neighbor town of the capital... the one I would go to sell rice hats more the thrice a day.
I furrow my brows when I notice something weird. I lean closer to analyze the paper... it has traces of tint. They were marked as rebels as well but now have been erased.

I heavily sigh. I rest my chin on my hand as I look into space thinking. I wonder if someone survived...

There are always survivors... right?

This makes my thoughts go to my mother. I know she's safe with Jin's family but I can't help but feel anxious. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to her...

She's my priority.

The door opens. "Hyung!" Jungkook says as he comes in happily.

I smile as I see him smile. "Yes?"

He sits next to me. "Look at what Jin Hyung did!" 

He shows me a piece of paper folded into a flying dragon. Jungkook pulls a piece of paper carefully and the wings of the dragon start to move up and down.

I chuckle. "He has talent."

"He's teaching me!" Jungkook squeals.

His smile is something that I don't want to see gone. His happiness is something that I want to be with him for the rest of his life...

I want to see people smile more ofter.

I'm so sick of this situation.

I'm gonna end this soon.