Chapter 28

Haileys POV

I had a few more classes before my last class of the day which was math with River.

When he walked in I was already sitting in my seat and he came and sat next to me.

He seemed slightly nervous and just said hey and surprisingly listened to everything the teacher said.

Currently, the end of class was quickly approaching and we hadn't said much to each other. I mean we couldn't even if we wanted to because our teacher was piling on work.

The bell finally rang and we both gathered our stuff before standing up and heading out.

We walked through the packed halls quietly and made it outside to the parking lot

Standing by Rivers car was none other than Lucas.

River immediately pulled me tight into his side

I was kind of annoyed that I knew he was just doing it because Lucas was there.

He kept walking, without saying a word, right to his car

I put my arm around River as well knowing it would make him feel better because Lucas was watching us

He looked at me and smiled when i held him

When we got close enough to his car that Lucas could talk to us he said, "can I talk to you guys?"

"No" River immediately said before rounding the car and opening the door for me

I got in and watched as he quickly rounded the car again, ignoring Lucas, and getting in the drivers seat.

River was sitting in the drivers seat with his jaw tense.

Instinctively I reached out and brushed my hand against his jaw. He relaxed and leaned into my hand.

He took my hand from his face and planted a kiss on it and then pulled me to him and kissed me

It was quick and I was a little shocked but I obviously immediately kissed him back

He pulled away and was an inch away from my face and said "Can we talk now?"

I nodded and he asked "My house or yours?"

"Whichever"

"Ok"

Apparently River had decided my house because a couple of minutes later we were pulling into my driveway

We walk in put all of our stuff down and immediately head to my room, almost like instinct at this point.

"So?" River said, clearly tense and trying to get straight to the point.

I rolled my eyes and flopped on my bed. River was still standing anxiously by the door, unsure of what to do which was so unlike him.

"Are you going to sit?" I asked him.

He makes his way towards my bed and cautiously sits on it.

I hate this. I hate when he's so nervous and not his usual cocky and confident self.

"River? Why are you so tense?"

He looks around before landing his eyes on me.

"I don't know Hails you're just giving me a bad feeling. I don't know what I did. Did I do something? Why do I feel like you're about to end this?" He sputters out.

End this? Is that what he wants? No no I'm just thinking too much into this. I just need to be honest and find out if everything he was saying to Lucas is what he really feels.

"I don't mean to give you a bad feeling, I really don't," I start while scooting closer to him, "and I definitely don't want to end whatever this is. That's actually what I wanted to talk about."

"Well what do you want to know? Ask me."

"Today lunch got pretty heated and I don't know you said a lot of things. I don't know if it was an in the heat of the moment kind of thing or if you really feel those things,"  I let out in the most nonchalant way possible.

"What things?" He asks.

Is he really going to make me say it? I'm trying to lead him there without actually coming out and asking the question.

"You know... about what we are?"

"Do you mean how I told Lucas we're dating?" He finally says. Thank god.

I nod kind of embarrassed.

"Did it upset you when I said that?" He asked me.

"No," I answered a little too quickly, "It was just out of the blue. I mean we've never talked about anything like this."

"Well if what you're asking me is if I meant it then the answer is yes. I know we haven't talked about it but I want to," he said moving even closer to me.

I smiled as the words left his mouth. He did mean it. I know we might be kind of a mess and we might fight a lot but I do like him. A lot.

Seeing as I didn't talk he continued, "I know I would be livid if I saw you with any other guy and I think you would not be very happy if you saw me with another girl."

I immediately speak up, "no I wouldn't."

"Ok well then that's basically all that dating is, right? We don't see other people, we only see each other. Other than that we just stay us," he said.

"Not that I've been seeing anyone else," he immediately added.

"You know I haven't either. No matter what your head likes to make up about Lucas and I."

He glared at me at my mention of Lucas.

"Well then it's settled. I'm yours," he said.

"And I'm yours," I smiled at him.

He slowly crawls over me and bends his head down to meet my lips. He kissed me softly and pulls back slightly to look at me before going back again.

He's holding himself up by his forearms on either side of my head and his legs are sprawled between mine. I lean up into the kiss, putting more pressure and grab his hair.

River gently slides his tongue on my bottom lip and I happily open my lips wide enough for his tongue to invade my mouth. His taste explodes in my mouth and I think it's my new favorite thing.

We don't go much farther then that when he pulls away and takes my body with him so I'm lying on top of him now.

"Thank god that's over with, you had me nervous for a second. I thought you were going to tell me you never wanted to see me again," River says.

I laugh lightly and lay my head against his chest, "never."

"Well good because you're not getting rid of me that easily," he says while yawning.

I smile to myself as I feel his breathing evening out meaning he was falling asleep.

I let him sleep while I lay above him feeling euphoric. This really couldn't have gone better. Now I know for certain that what me and River have is real. That he really feels something for me and he doesn't want this to end any time soon. I don't know what I would've done if he hadn't come into my life. He has made me so much happier in the short amount of time that I've known him and I'm not ready to give that up. I don't think I'll ever be ready to give that up.

The last thing I think about before I fall into a peaceful sleep is how River Blakely is finally mine and I'm his.