Chapter 23 - First of Everything

Day 48

Seungmin pov:

Uncle Jaesuk sighed again. "First of all, I'm really sorry. I took way too long to find you. I really have nothing to say except I'm sorry."

I kept quiet. I have no idea what to say. Then he continued, "Your parents passed away like a month ago."

At that, I looked at him with wide eyes. "Said what?"

"I'm sorry to break it to you like this but your parents passed away. Car accident," he said, grimacing.

"I don't even know what to say to that," I mumbled, shocked.

"Ever since they're dead, I've been finding you so that you can get what you deserve," he said, running his fingers through his hair. He glanced at me.

"What they told me was that you went to America to learn. I only knew it now that you've been here for five years." He breathed in heavily. "I trusted them like a fool I was. I tried to reach to you though. They didn't give me your number so I even sent letters to you. And then, I went to the school your parents told me you were. I found out that you've never been there."

He paused. "I'm sorry you had to stay here for five years, not even knowing the reason why you were here. I will get you out of here. Give you a good life you deserve. The least I could do for you."

"Can I ask why my parents abandoned me here?" I asked softly.

"To say it short and precise, they let the rich get to their head," he said. "Your grandfather left you everything he has, by the way. I will get you out of here, I promise."

"I was already on the way though. But I do admit, I was having some problems," I admitted. "I would be released, I don't know how long I would have to wait but it will happen soon."

"Oh," he muttered.

"Yeah," I said and we sat in silence.

"I have some things to get done. I will give you my number so you can call me later," he said, handing me a small crisp business card. "I will go now. See you, Seungmin." He patted me on the shoulder.

"You too, uncle Jaesuk," I said with a small smile and uncle Jaesuk left with a smile.

I continued sitting there in a daze. I don't even have any words to say. All this, out of nowhere? It's a lot to take in.

At least, well, I guess my problems can be solved with uncle Jaesuk. Although I hope he doesn't find me a bother later.

"Hey, hyung," I heard Jeongin say and I turned around to see him grinning softly.

"Hey." I smiled brightly at him. "How are you?"

"I'm all good now," he replied, smiling brightly which made me feel relieved.

I smiled into the sky in bliss. I can't even believe all the good things that are happening in my life now.

"Hyung," Jeongin called.

I didn't reply but hummed so that he can continue.

"Promise me that you will visit me and you know, call me ever so often?" He asked softly.

I looked at him with surprise. "Why?"

He grinned. "Just because. You're going to leave after five years, hyung. How do you feel?"

"Surreal. Like this would never happen. I'm just- so happy." I smiled giddily.

"I'm happy for you," Jeongin said. "And you know what? Come here, hyung." He opened his arms widely. "Give me a hug." His voice cracked a bit at the end.