Chapter 10 - Absence Makes the Heart Grows Fonder

Jeongin pov:

The long-awaited (please notice the sarcasm here.) Thursday came. I had already told Minho hyung, Chan hyung and Mingyu about the family reunion I was going. But I didn't bother telling Seungmin hyung because I think he would not care.

And of course, Mingyu, being my best friend like he's supposed to, offer to go with me. But I declined. He had his own work and stuff, too. Besides, I had to go there myself. I could not do anything to stop that. I was still lowkey afraid of my aunt with what she could do if I suddenly decided to not go.

I sighed as I looked around the room I shared with Chan hyung and Minho hyung. Yes, I was back at the apartment the previous Wednesday because I needed some things I had left there. I didn't bring every single one of my things to the room I was residing. I turned back to my empty luggage and the things I had to put in.

"Anything left, Innie?" Minho hyung asked, from behind me, being caring as always.

I looked at the bed. I had spreaded my things on the bed. "No, I guess. I got everything. But-" I sighed. "-there are too many things I need to take. How am I supposed to fit all that in one luggage?"

"You can ask Chan hyung or me, you know?" Minho hyung said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I know that. But I will try it myself first," I said as I began to pile things up in my luggage which I would definitely regret later.

Minho hyung looked at how I was packing with disapproval but didn't say anything and went out.

I crammed my things continuously until everything was in it. By that time, it had become a great pile. A sigh left my lips easily once again as I stared at the pile as if staring would make the whole pile would dissemble and that a much neater pile would appear. However, that would not happen unless I get myself moving.

I sighed again and tried to put things in a much neater way than I did the last time. When I finished, I smiled in satisfaction. It looked much neater although it still would be hard for me to close the whole thing.

"Got. To. Close. This," I muttered as I panted heavily, trying hard to close the lugagge. "Chan hyung! Help please?"

I called Chan hyung mainly because he's good at fixing things up. And he's our very own Mr.Fix-It.

"Mr. Fix-It is here. What can I do to help you?" Chan hyung asked jokingly as he opened the door.

"Help!" I wheezed as I struggled helplessly.

Without a word, he came to help close the luggage on my bed. And in a minute, it was closed easily just like that.

I huffed as I collapsed on the bed. "Thanks, hyung. You're the best."

"I've been known for that." Chan hyung smiled, revealing his dimples.

I sighed in exasperation. Is there anything to make this hyung a bit less boastful? Nah, just kidding. I wouldn't switch his bright personality for anything else.

"How many times have you sighed, Innie?" He snickered, lying beside me.

"Lost count for today."

"No wonder you feel like an old man," he teased, laughing and I side-kicked him since he was right beside me.

He shrieked in a joking manner. "Pay respect to your elders! Innie, I thought I raised you better than this!"

There we go. That's one of our favourite inside jokes. Back then when I first shared a room with him and Minho hyung, the other doctors and patients had remarked that Chan hyung and Minho hyung felt like my parents rather than my colleagues and friends. And that's how it started and it stuck with us ever since.