Chapter 17 - Photographer Kim Seungmin

Day 19

Seungmin pov:

"Hmm. Photography . . ." Jeongin trailed off. "Interesting."

"I suppose it sounds interesting and all but I think my skills are pretty much non-existent at this point," I told him honestly. Which was probably true as well. Haven't seen anything close to a camera in years. Well, unless I count the cctv cameras that were almost everywhere in the hospital. Even then, I saw them because Jeongin let me out and I wandered a bit.

"Why would they be non-existent? I'm sure if you try a bit, you would probably be able to do it nicely." He pursed his lips cutely, his brows drawn into a cute frown which I found quite adorable.

"I don't think so. Besides, what use do I have with photography here? I can't do anything with photos," I pointed out.

"Yeah but I think you can capture memories with photos. They are like reminders of memories. I have some polaroids of my friends. I cherish them a lot. Looking at them feel nostalgic, you know, hyung?"

"I get what you mean. And I know that photography is amazing. But I don't think I want to capture any memories here. Besides that, I've been here for 5 years already. I don't see this as something I want to remember about in the future," I rambled.

"You're right. I wouldn't want to remember if I were you too," Jeongin said slowly. He paused for a moment to think. "How about me?"

"What about you?" I asked confusedly.

"Paint me like one of your french girls," Jeongin said with a false straight and strange face and proceeded to pose dramatically. Giggles and snorts tumbled out of my mouth immediately. Jeongin's expression turned into one of mischievousness slowly and we ended up giggling.

"First of all, Innie, the fuck is that? Second of all, it's photography. Not painting," I said between laughs.

"Yes, but I'm half-serious. We can take our pictures together! If I'm not wrong, I think I have a polaroid camera and a normal camera at my house," he sounded so excited.

Honestly speaking, that made me feel excited as well. I mean, if he had a camera for real-

I somewhat gave him a hopeful look. "Really?"

Jeongin then smiled at me sheepishly. "They were not used for a long time so they might be damaged or it's possible that they won't work properly as well."

"You don't use them?" I asked, gaping at him. Back when I owned a nice camera, I used it almost everyday that I had to delete a lot of photos before using.

"Well, I do. It's just that I haven't used them in a while. They're probably covered with dust, lying in a corner or it could be even worse. It could be broken," Jeongin said nodding thoughtfully. "Maybe I should just buy a new one. So that we can use it together."

"Innie, what do you think you are? A millionaire?" I said dryly. "If you spend money like this, you're gonna end up homeless."

"It's a bit of a stretch, hyung. Why would I end up homeless? It's ridiculous. I'm not getting any loans or gambing," he said rolling his eyes, his smile not disappearing.

"Sure. But it's okay. You don't need to buy things for me," I said, feeling bad that he seemed to be really spoiling me with things.

"I want to do it. This is on my own. Whether you agree or not. I'm gonna do it," Jeongin said firmly with a devilish smile.

"Do I have to feel excited or-" I asked sort of suspicious and nervous with what he's planning.

"I will make sure you enjoy it," he said still smiling devilishly, now even more satanic because he was rubbing his hands like he's going to do something bad. Just kidding. He looked like a kid who was just trying to prank his friends. And in this case, it's me.