Chapter 14 - Seungmin Hyung's Free Roaming

Seungmin pov:

I yawned and stretched as the rays of the sunshine showered into the room. A small smile came to my face naturally as I recalled the events from yesterday. Jeongin . . . he's something. He brought some rays of hope and happiness into my life. Not gonna lie about that.

But was it right to put all my trust in him? What if he left me like . . . my parents and my friends all those years ago? If there's one thing I know right now, it's that how I would be utterly broken if he left me.

That was something I seriously never wanted to face. If I got too close to him, would I be able to be happy just like this? Once he left, I probably would be nothing. I knew there would be nothing good coming out from depending on him so much. I was not necessarily depending on him but I felt like he was closer to me than anyone ever had in my life. And it was true. I felt truly happy to call him as my friend.

Anyways, Jeongin said I could roam around the hospital freely as I wished so I decided to go to the garden in the hospital. I had to ask the directions from the nurses outside my room because I didn't know where it was but I did know that the hospital had one.

The garden was as beatiful as I had imagined. I sat on a bench. A bitter chuckle arrived at my lips. Five years I spent in the hospital and I never got a chance to go anywhere, given that I was 'scary', 'horrible' and all the other things they told me I had.

The only way I kept myself sane all these years was by the meditation (I had learnt that from my grandfather), my books and my liking of solitude. But even if I enjoyed solitude, I truly wanted somebody to talk without feeling bad about myself. Those doctors never seemed to realize that case. Maybe because I had never told them about that. I even had doubts about my own sanity at one point. With everybody I had met treating as if I was an insane man? Obviously, I almost believed I was actually crazy from the start.

"Hi!" A small child, hugging a munchlax plushie, greeted me brightly. He was also holding some crayons and a drawing pad. He looked no older than ten. That greeting jolted me back to the reality, effectively stopping my train of thoughts.

I smiled softly, not wanting to look like a total recluse to a small kid. "Hi to you too. Where are your parents?"

"My parents are with my hyung. They are letting me go into the garden because I wanted to go." Then he gave me a toothy grin. I cooed at the kid's innocence. "Why are you here? Is it because your hyung is sick too?" He cocked his head to the side as he asked.

I chuckled breathily. "No."

"Then why?"

"I don't know too, kid. I don't know, too."

"Hyung, can I draw a picture of you?" He asked, sitting beside me.

I looked at him with amusement. "Sure, but why? I don't look that nice." I said that mainly because I was wearing the hospital wear and not the clothes I had bought together with Jeongin.

"Your hair! It looks so nice!" he answered without hesitation and I couldn't help cooing at the kid.

"Is it?" I smiled and touched my newly dyed hair. I honestly even forgot that I had dyed and cut it the day before as I woke up.

The child nodded vigorously. "It is. I like that color."

"Well then-" somebody interrupted my conversation with the little kid by a tap on the shoulder. Whirling around, I saw a tuft of raven colored hair and a very familiar face grinning at me.

"Hyung, I asked the nurses and they told me that you headed to the garden." He put an arm on my shoulder. "Hey, little fella," he greeted the kid with an equally enthusiastic smile.