•Prologue•

Lauren Carmen liked her life as it was, simple and tranquil

Lauren Carmen liked her life as it was, simple and tranquil. She was roommates with her childhood bestfriend Tiffany Walter, her older sister, Alexia, lived about ten minutes away from Lauren's house with her husband , Brent Jones, and her one year old daughter, Charlotte.

Lauren was in university, doing criminology with her Bestfriend Tiffany, the pair of them actually did most stuff together, their friendship didn't fall apart like most childhood relationships would have at their age.

Lauren's parents, Matthew and Clarissa Carmen were mediocre parents. It was so clear that neither of them really wanted children so they didn't really know what to do when they got them, this resulted in the parents just giving their children a shit ton of money because the Carmen family were loaded.

As university was coming to an end Lauren had begun exploring her sexuality more, as she came to the realisation she wasn't just attracted to one gender. Shortly after this revelation the girl came out as bisexual.

Tiffany was more than supportive, she herself labelled as pansexual. Alexia was also extremely supportive and proud of her baby sister. Their parents however because of the fact about her being bisexual became more distant. And it wasn't like they were actually close anyway, but it still hurt to think about.

When Lauren wasn't in uni, or hanging out with her Bestfriend or sister she was watching Netflix, specifically TVD, TO and Legacies, she would shamelessly admit she was obsessed.

She would also admit to harbouring a crush on multiple of the characters, Elijah, Klaus, Rebekah, Caroline - I mean the list could genuinely go on and on. But the those three Mikealson's more than anything were her obsession.

She had actually contemplated writing a fan fiction about one or all of them, but with her tight schedule she decided otherwise, however it was quite a close call.

Lauren was a full blown shipper of Klaroline, because they were adorable. She also loved Haylijah just because they were the perfect fit, but she didn't really like Hayley most the time, she would obviously admit the girl was drop-dead gorgeous but some of Hayley's traits evoked Lauren's dislike for the girl.

So as Lauren currently sat on her bed, balling her eyes out after just finishing the originals for the billionth time, she had one lingering thought in her mind, how much could have changed if Hayley did things differently?