Chapter fifteen

15. CATASTROPHIC

Elijah and the ghost of Kol walked into the church building, their mission being to help the young harvest witch out of the life threatening bind that she found herself in

Elijah and the ghost of Kol walked into the church building, their mission being to help the young harvest witch out of the life threatening bind that she found herself in. They both truly did feel sympathy for the teenager and a ever growing hatred for the witches of New Orleans.

"Miss Claire?" Elijah called out into the open space of the attic upon entry.

Kol rolled his eyes at his always formal brother, "Davina! Open up darling!" The youngest mikaelson brother hollered out loudly, with a smirk on his face.

The air in the attic whipped around the room slightly as the young witch made her way out, she was dressed in a white cotton knee length dress with a wooly beige cardigan and some basic white flats. Her child like features were impassive but confusion still seeped through her eyes.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Davina questioned instantly with a 'no bullshit' attitude and for a person of such young age she surely impressed them with her bravery, but of course they knew of her extensive power thanks to Hayley.

"We're the originals darling, and we're her to propose a deal, well- help really." Kol spoke, he had allowed the little witch to see him because obviously she needed to see him to talk to him.

"Why help me?" Davina asked cluelessness clinging to her like a perfume, as she clutched her wooly cardigan tighter around her piete frame.

"Well, miss Claire, a dear..friend of ours who is rather compassionate, sympathises greatly with you and she had suggested we help you." Elijah responded, smiling lightly at the thought of the pregnant werewolf-witch hybrid and trying to contain a wince at the word, friend, when describing her.

Some would assume due to her age that the young witch knew nothing of how to truly live and survive in the real, dangerous world full of harmful supernatural creatures who wanted her dead and that she knew nothing of how to make a beneficial deal to help save herself. But no, with her life experience she had to learn a thing or two.

"Come in." Davina invites boldly.

Meanwhile, Klaus watched from afar as the witches chained up one of their own, Sophie Deveraux, the witch who was previously linked to his beloved little wolf. Silently, he snarled as he was overcome with burning rage and a desire to kill all of the existing witches who had partaken in this.

Not only where they trying to possibly harm his little wolf, they were also plotting to rid him of his littlest wolf who he truly loved, not that he would admit this fact aloud to anyone. It scared him how he now had all these weaknesses, his siblings- for one- but they could all take care of themselves : and now Hayley, yes she has proved she can take care of herself but she was still so defenceless against stronger beings and she was pregnant now, you can't possibly blame him for being overcome with inescapable worry.

Pulling himself out of his thoughts he listened into the conversation the witches were having.

Sophie work up, shackled in rusty, tight chains to a stone wall of the vault, her head was bleeding slightly for her sustained injury that had previously rendered her unconscious.

"What are you doing?" Sophie asked, her head still violently pounding and her eyes still slightly blurry.

Angus reaches her hand out and a witch near to her passes her the cursed item, "It is my duty to protect our power, and our power means nothing if that baby grows another day. Sabine's omen was clear. That baby will bring death to us all."

As Angus stalks forward Sophie begins to laugh humourlessly, startling the witches around her.

"The link has been removed for a while now, so, hurt me all you want Agnes, no harm will even befall Hayley or this baby your all so petrified about." Sophie informs.

"The- li-link, is what?" Angus sputters in clear disbelief and shock.

"Broken." Sophie comments dryly.

"How- can that be?" Agnus gasps in pure surprise and fear. Yet another one of her supposed master plans that would save them all had failed miserably once again. "Only- elders and higher beings can preform such a-a spell- and without Davina catching them.."

"I know, Agnus."

"They- they can be our- saviour. We must find them!" Angus exclaims.

Not being able to help himself, Klaus begins to chuckle in the background at the irony, he very well knew that Hayley would rather sever all of their heads and feed it to the rats of New Orleans than ever help them with anything after everything they've ever done to her and their child.

"What a pity." Klaus sighs dramatically as he walks in, immediately putting all of the witches on high alert, "your giving witches all around the world a bad reputation."

And with that, he lets out all his bottled up anger and pure rage by ripping out hearts, removing heads and tearing out several valuable organs.

As Sophie was the only one left, looking on in tears and immense fear, Klaus walked up to her.

"This what you had in mind when you called me to New Orleans." The Hybrid smirked largely before smacking Sophie's head straight off of her shoulders.

He took a moment to bask in the gory sight before speeding off straight in the direction of home, desperately wishing to and interact with his little wolf after such a stress filled day, needling visual conformation that she was completely unharmed and perfectly fine.