Chapter fifty three

53. I WISH

"I can't wait to see the twins again, they're absolutely adorable

"I can't wait to see the twins again, they're absolutely adorable." Hayley spoke honestly as she stood in front of her mirror, putting her earrings on.

"I'm sure the sentiment is reciprocated." Elijah chuckled as she straightened out his blazer wrapping his arms around Hayley's slim waist from behind, vividly remembering the two young girls excitement when they reunited with Hayley.

As of a demand for attention, Hope started t cry from her place in her crib, the pair of adults instantly snapping their heads over to her.

"Shh, shh, my little firefly." Hayley cooed lovingly at her daughter, picking her up and hoisting her on her hip. "I'll let you in an a little secret." Her voice dropped to a whisper, "Your cuter, but don't tell them." Hayley made a shushing motion as Hope calmed down and giggled at her mother.

Elijah watched them with clear love in his eyes as they interacted, he loved the both of them with all of his undead heart - obviously two very different types of love. He strongly believed that Hayley was the love of his immortal life and Hope was his niece, also the closest thing he had to a child of his own.

"Mommy's gotta get dressed baby, but uncle Elijah can take you." Hayley whispered gently to her now calm daughter, as she handed her to Elijah - without any protests coming from her on the process.

"I will see you shortly, dear." Elijah spoke softly, his breath fanning over Hayley's face before they shared a passionate lip lock.

"Hopefully not much later." Hayley cheekily replied as they pulled apart before gently ushering him out of the room so she could get dressed without distractions, seeing as it wasn't anything he hadn't seen already,

After almost an hour, Hayley was finally ready so she made her way out of her shared room with Elijah and began to descend down the stairs.

"Wow." Hayley heard an easily recognisable voice utter from behind her and she span around immediately to grin at her starstruck girlfriend.

"Says you, buttercup." Hayley retorted moving closer to the blonde to press their lips together in a sweet kiss full of nothing pure love which they had for one another.

Hayley was dressed in different type of outfit. She wore a red blazer with matching red dress pants and nothing but a red lace bralet under the blazer. Her hair was left curly and down, cascading down her back elegantly : her lips were painted in a vibrant red which matched with her outfit and her heels were the same colour.

Rebekah, on the other hand, was wearing a knee length, spaghetti strap white satin dress. Her lips were painted in a pink gloss, her blonde also left down and wavy. Her heels being the same colour white as her satin dress.

"Let's get going then." Hayley smirked softly at her girlfriend who returned the expression before the pair of them strutted, arm in arm, into the main compound area where the party was already taking place.

"Rude of you to not wait for us, my love." Hayley spoke up teasingly from behind Elijah, making the original slightly jump before he composed himself and turned around to face her, a smile already blooming on his normally stoic face.

Before he could compliment her, after snapping out of his awestruck state - Kol and Davina made their way over to them.

"Oh my, psycho buddy, your spending to much time with Elijah." Kol commented immediately upon seeing what the she-wolf was wearing. Not that she didn't look good, no she looked absolutely fucking badass but he just couldn't miss the opportunity to mock her.

"Pictures, pictures we need pictures!" Davina exclaimed as they all ignored Kol's comment, the witch already reaching for her small handbag which contained her Polaroid camera.

The girls grinned at each other as they began taking photos, making memories, and forcing the boys into the photos - while Elijah didn't have much complaint, Kol kept saying his hair wasn't to its upmost perfection and was constantly fixing it which ruined the photos.

The night was off to a good start.

"Who's that with Klaus?" Gia questioned, having joined the group with her boyfriend a few minutes ago and after taking even more photos - they had ended in just chatting with one another as Davina's small handbag began to overflow with pictures.

"You have to be bloody joking with me." Rebekah audibly gasped as she looked over to what the young vampire has pointed out.

"Oh hell no." Hayley growled out as she looked up with narrowed eyes, sitting next to Klaus was Lucien Castle and oh boy that certainly definitely help Hayley's anger, which she had been doing a good job at controlling until now.

Before anything else could happen, Eve's voice was heard announcing that it was time for the cake for the twins.

Stay calm Hayley - the she-wolf reminded herself mentally, - for the twins stay calm.

"Is it chocolate cake?"

"I think it's Victoria sponge cake."