Chapter nine

"I told you Agnes, I feel great

"I told you Agnes, I feel great." Hayley sighed, plopping down gracefully into the sofa, the incessant dark skinned witch sitting opposite her on a arm chair.

"You overdue for a checkup." Agnes reminds.

Hayley nods, and Agnes visibly relaxes, " Bekah babe, please can you set up a appointment for me?" She softly asks turning around to face the blonde original.

Rebekah looks up, observing Agnes tense posture and panicked expression before turning to the werewolf, "of course Hay Bale." She smirked lightly at the nickname.

"Becky why?" Hayley groaned with a pout as Rebekah grimaced at the nickname.

The she-wolf then turns to the panic stricken Agnes, "you can leave now." Hayley shoos off as Rebekah stifles her laugh at the particularly rude dismal.

Agnes hurriedly scrambles to her feet and out of the room, panicked about her plan not working.

"Please sister, tell me your not still at it with the internet search. how does one begin, Just type in anonymous attic?" Niklaus quizzes sarcastically as he entered the room.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah says, not removing her gaze from the computer.

"What of you little wolf? Any plans?"

"Baby doctor appointment that I need to book, you coming with?" Hayley looks up at him, raising an eyebrow slightly, however there's no plead or accusation in her gaze just pure curiosity.

The Hybrid pauses for a moment, he truly does want to be there with his little wolf to see their littlest wolf, but sometimes- actually a lot of the time, the world is in favour of not giving him what he wants and he has to peruse his plan.

"Sorry love, I can't." Klaus mumbles slightly guilty.

Hayley shrugs with a reassuring smile, "it's okay I can have pictures and videos taken for you." She assures. "Bekah babe would you like to come?" Hayley asks.

Rebekah looks up startled, "why?" She quizzed tilting her head as if there was some alter motive as to why she would ask her to come to the appointment.

"Well your my friend and the aunt of the child so..." Hayley says like it was obvious.

Rebekah finds herself a little emotional at the kindness of her offer and words, she's never really had a true friend over her many years of life- hastily she regains her composure.

"I would love to, Hales."

Hayley smiles at the pair of originals before dramatically spinning out of the room.

"Why can't you accompany the mother of your child, not that I'm complaining?" Rebekah questions finally looking up at her half-brother.

"Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

"As usual your power grabs are more important than your family." Rebekah smiles bitterly.

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home." The Hybrid explains.

"And miss out on the chance to be at the mother of child's first doctors appointment." Rebekah adds smiling tightly before exiting the room.

Multiple hours later, the pregnant werewolf and the original walk arm in arm into the human hospital, sitting down and waiting for Hayley's appointment.

"An appointment for Hayley Marshall!" A voice calls as a doctor peeks their heads out.

Hayley raises her hand slightly before waking over to the room, holding the originals' hand in a death grip.

"Evening miss Marshall, how is everything going?" The Doctor asks as she helps the wolf lay down comfortably.

"Good thank you, Doctor." Hayley smiles politely, pulling up her shirt to reveal her stomach area. Yeah, okay the girl may be crazy most the time but she has manners.

"This might be a little cold, okay?" The doctor warns and the werewolf nods in turn.

Smearing on the cold, blue liquid over the pregnant wolf's stomach, she puts a device over it allowing the ultrasound to start and the image of the child in Hayley's womb to appear on screen.

The pair of girls gasp, the image of a tiny almost fruit shape appearing on screen, the doctor presses some buttons and a heart beat echos from the monitor making Hayley release a tearful smile.

"Can we please get pictures and recordings of the heartbeat?" Hayley questioned eagerly, eyes wide with wonder.

"Of course." 

After taking many photos and videos, the pair of girls were all smiles as they make their way outside of the hospital.

"Thank you, for coming Bekah." Hayley says.

"Like I could miss this." Rebekah comments truthfully, nudging Hayley's shoulder, if given the chance to come again she would happily oblige, this was so simply human and beautiful that it warmed Rebekah's undead heart.

With that, the two friends make their way back to the Mikaelson plantation, still fussing over the pictures and video footage, Rebekah saying they need to put the pictures on the fridge and Hayley one hundred percent agreeing.