Chapter forty four

44. LOOSE MY BREATH

"Finally!" Kol exclaimed as Ansel finally arrived back home, he had been out of the house practically since their arrival and everyone was beginning to worry about where he had gone off to

"Umm, you know we have food in the kitchen, right?" Camille asks confusedly as she stares at the bags of packaged meat which Ansel was carrying with him.

"We're going to have a barbecue." Ansel grinned broadly as he placed down the meat, meat was basically the only thing he had eaten since he'd come back to life - it made him feel more comfortable because it was the most common food during his time.

"Ooo, sounds fun." Rebekah nodded her head giddily, having been full of nothing but complete happiness ever since she'd finally made her move on the she-wolf and it went extremely well.

"Ugh." Freya groans, holding her head in her hands and she trudges down the stairs - still wearing her pyjamas.

"How was your night, sister?" Kol inquired extra loud to be a nuisance, knowing that she had a terrible hangover. What can he say? He was admittedly a little shit.

"I'm never drinking again." Freya shook her head with another groan as she plonked herself down onto the sofa, not even having the energy to glare at her brother.

"That's what they all say." Hayley tuts as she walks back into the room, handing a witchy concoction to Freya which would cure the witch of her hangover.

"My saving grace." Freya muttered gratefully as she immediately drank the drink, grimacing in disgust at the taste of it.

"When did you even return?" Camille questioned the eldest mikaelson sibling as she leans back into Finn's chest, sitting on his lap on one of the arm chairs with his arms wrapped around her midsection snuggly.

"Elijah and Klaus brought me back, we just so happened to run into each other." Freya rolled her eyes, knowing her brothers were in fact spying on her, looking out for her - even though she couldn't help but feel warmth in her heart at their worry toward her well-being.

Freya rubs her eyes as she finally properly assesses her surroundings, her eyebrows nearly  raising to her hairline as she sees the intimate position which Hayley and Rebekah were in. She looks over to Davina who nods at the silent question in her eyes and the Mikaelson witch sighs, don't get her wrong she was ecstatic for Rebekah to finally have her own happiness but she knew her two younger brothers who also loved the she-wolf would be absolutely heartbroken, she just hoped they'd sort it out maturely.

"Where are Nik and Elijah?" Hayley questions out of the blue, oblivious to how the two brothers were pointedly avoiding any room that she was in due to the hurt and emotional pain they felt over her being with their sister.

"With Hope." Rebekah offers honestly, wincing a little at the heartbroken feeling she knew her brothers were feeling. She needed to have a chat with the pair of them, immediately and suggest a different and better option for all three of them and Hayley. An idea which had been on her mind for a while now.

"Aww." Hayley awes to herself, the father daughter bond which Hope and Klaus shared was absolutely adorable to her and she firmly believed that they deserved more screen time on the show.

"So.. barbecue?" Ansel asked hopefully as he popped his head around from the kitchen, looking at the people who were in the living room - chatting with one another in a rare tranquility.

"Absolutely." Hayley chuckles lightly as she stands, grabbing Rebekah's hand and dragging the blonde with her to the kitchen to help Ansel - all the while Rebekah follows like a lost puppy with nothing but pure adoration in her blue eyes.

"I feel bad for Elijah and Klaus." Davina sighs sadly as she looks toward the door where the new, loved up couple had left out of. Sure, she adored seeing her closest friends happy but she didn't like seeing her other friends sad. Ugh, life and emotions were confusing.

"I have a feeling they'll all get what they want eventually." Finn smiled mysteriously, the others not entirely sure of what he was saying but he knew what he meant by that and he knew he was right, his little sister having confided in him the idea that she had.

"I believe your right." Cami nodded with a light smirk pulling at her fill lips, pressing a kiss to her lovers cheek as she turned before resuming the comfortable silence which fell in the room, everyone deep in thought.