Chapter twenty three

23. UNLIKELY UNBREAKABLE BOND

Hayley Marshall woke up from her well earned slumber with a yawn, stretching out her limbs as she sluggishly made her way to the shower

Hayley Marshall woke up from her well earned slumber with a yawn, stretching out her limbs as she sluggishly made her way to the shower. Turning on the hot water and allowing it to warm up as she stripped, she stepped into the shower basking in the warmth it provided.

Once she was done, she dried herself with a fluffy turquoise towel before pulling on some plain black yoga paints, a burgundy spaghetti strap top with some fluffy socks, her hair in a high ponytail and her face bare of any makeup.

She skipped her way down the stairs (as much as she could with a growing pregnant stomach) and waltzed into the kitchen, instantly grinning at the sight of the ice cream she found in the freezer.

"Ah ah, no sugary sweets for breakfast!" Rebekah reprimanded as she sped to the she-wolf and snatched away her bowl of chocolate ice cream.

"Bekah." Hayley whined with a pout on her full, ruby red lips. Rebekah looked down at the Marshall girl and felt her resolve slipping as she looked into Hayley's emerald eyes that she could completely lose herself in.

"Are you seeing this?!" Kol exclaimed through laughter, watching his stubborn and hard headed sister practically melt as she looked into Hayley's mesmerising eyes.

"Please, don't act like your not the same with the witch girl." Finn scoffed, sitting back in one of the arm chairs as he read a book calmly, not even looking up as he spoke to his youngest brother.

Kol sputtered for a good few moments before giving up on trying to find a convincing response as he knew his eldest brother was correct.

Moments later, Hayley walked into the room with a bright, victorious grin and a bowl of chocolate ice cream in her hands.

"Pure talent that is." Kol mused, referring to the fact Hayley managed to break his little sisters resolve by simply pouting and gazing into her eyes.

"Greetings you undead fuckers." Hayley smiled angelically as she dug into her sweet treat, sitting down on the couch next to the youngest brother.

"Greetings you attractive orphan." Kol smiled back innocently.

Instead of being offended, she laughed loudly, never seeing herself getting tired of her playful banter with the psychotic mikaelson brother.

"You let her have the ice cream?" The Original Hybrid's voice was heard from the kitchen sounding into the ears of those in the mansion with their supernatural hearing.

"Yeah- I-I- she- I just couldn't say no." Rebekah tried to defend herself as she followed her brother into the living room.

Without looking into her eyes, knowing he'd end up caving, Klaus snatched the bowl of half eaten ice cream from the she-wolfs hands and immediately flashed back into the living room.

Instantly, Hayley fell back into the couch dramatically, falsely weeping.

"Hayley? You okay? What's wrong?" Rebekah hurried to question, immediately by the she-wolfs side, gently grasping her hips as she squirmed exaggeratedly and pretended to cry.

"My ice cream." Hayley weeped,shoving her face into her hands and crying into them.

Rebekah opened and closed her mouth multiple times, unsure of what exactly to do in this particular situation, while Kol and even Finn were laughing at their sisters expense.

Then Hayley's phone rang with Queen by Loren Gray she immediately stopped her faux weeping and picked up the phone with a bright smile.

"Vina!" Hayley squealed in delight.

"Hey Hayley." Davina laughed from the other end of the line, her soft voice making Kol sit up straighter in his seat.

"How is my favourite witchy friend?"

"She's good, and she would like to know if you want to hang out- with me and Josh?" Davina asked all of a sudden sounding timid and anxious about her new found friends response.

"Absolutely my little sugar plum. Where?" Hayley answered almost immediately.

"Josh got a new apartment, so could you come here and we can hang out?"

"I'll be there! Bye Vina."

"Bye Hayley."

With that, Hayley hung up the phone a blinding grin on her face. As much as she enjoyed the Mikealson's company it would probably be good for her to have other friends who weren't just the Mikealsons. And she thought that her friendship with Josh and Davina could bring a sense of normalcy into her hectic definitely unusual life.

"I'll drop you off, love." Klaus stated as he walked in, having heard the entirety of the phone conversation on both ends. Although happy that his little wolf was happy, he couldn't help the insecure thought that once she grows inseparably close to the little witch and newbie vamp that she'll abandon them and the trouble they bring into her life.

"Thank you." Hayley responded, getting up from her place on the couch, giving the two brothers a quick peck on the cheek before him giving Rebekah a strong embrace and a longer, lingering kiss on the cheek.

"Tell the little witch I'll stop by later." Kol called out slightly hesitantly as his friend and his older half-brother walk out together.

"On it, but don't your dare corrupt that sweet girl, Koala!" Hayley shouted back as she put on her combat boots before linking her arm with the original hybrids and walking out the house.

"This is it love." Klaus said as they approached the door of Josh's new apartment which he most likely compelled for himself.

"It is." Hayley nodded, "See you later, sweetheart." She smiled, giving his cheek a lingering kiss before entering through the door without so much as knocking.

"Guess who, bitch?!" Hayley loudly greeted, waltzing into the modern apartment as if she owned the place.

Klaus listened to his little wolf converse with the Claire witch and the newly turned vampire for a little while, before he sped off with a soft smile, knowing that Hayley was happy with her new friends.