thirty six || mystery

"𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 has my life become" You mutter laying on the cold floor with pieces of paper everywhere, you had just finished yelling the lyrics to Boyfriend by  bigtime rush and you rather not talk about why you did that.

"Meow" you flinched at the sound but chose to ignore it because you thought your mind was playing games with you
"Meow" again, you furrowed your brows and sat up.

Walking towards the balcony where the sound was coming from, there you saw a cat standing on your balcony's railings.

"are you lost?" You asked, waiting as if the cat would answer.

"y/n!" An awfully familiar voice called, you turned your head to the side and saw Shoto with a worried expression, but when he saw the cat, he looked relieved. 

You point at yourself, your brain stopped working the moment you saw his face, Shoto furrowed his brows.

"Not you" He answered, you tilted your head and the cat jumped from your railing to his. "y/n stop doing that" He scolded the cat.

Did he name a cat after me? 

Why do i feel jealous right now?

"Sorry for the inconvenience, l/n" He hesitated on what to call you, wanting to forget the drunken conversation you both had.

why is it y/n to the cat and l/n to me? 

"Oh uhm no problem? i-uh...good afternoon sho" You greeted with a smile, Shoto blinked for a couple of seconds before putting his cat down.

"Lunch, did you have lunch already?" He asked, you were taken aback but shook your head almost immediately.

"Want to get lunch toge-"

"Yes of course!"

Your eyes widen, realizing how excited you sound, but Shoto didn't mind, he too was excited.

"come" He tilted his head towards his unit and you nodded.

As you were heading outside, you stopped at your tracks, suddenly realizing something.

Did he hear you scream the lyrics to Boyfriend just moments ago? 

As the two of you awkwardly sat on the couch, waiting for the food. An awkward silence filled the whole space. "You've gotten quite bold, shoto" You mutter, trying to break the ice

"Pardon?" Shoto furrowed his brows, "inviting a stranger inside your unit" You joked, expecting him to at least crack a grin but he stayed silent. 

"oh uhm forget I said-" "You're not a stranger to me y/n-san" 

Your eyes widen and you felt a lump inside your throat, "oh"

"You know what this reminds me?" you said, shoto hummed and looked at you

"What?" "our little rooftop dates," You said with a grin, Shoto was taken aback

"Rooftop dates?" He repeated you nodded "Our friendly rooftop dates, man I kinda miss it, it was fun" You said while looking outside the window.

Shoto chuckled, "Indeed, those were a lot of fun" He said, you stood up and pushed his curtains aside.

"i miss sneaking out, i miss eating cold soba and above all, i missed you the most" You said, the last part almost inaudible "Anyway, i hope we can be friends again, sho" you said, looking back at him with a grin.  

"I don't get you at all y/n-san...even after all this time" Shoto said, looking up at y/n who looked back at him, extending her hand for him to take. "A mystery, that's what you are"

"Then, why not get to know me, sho? why not solve the mystery called y/n?" She said, the sunlight shinning behind her, without another thought Shoto held her hand.

"Of course"

Im pretty sure i've already published this part but for some reason it was not published?? maybe my memory is bad lol anyhow i changed a few parts if i did publish this already! sorry for the inconvenience

<3