twenty eight || character development

𝗬𝗢𝗨 stood up from your seat when you heard the door to your bedroom open, it was your mother, she was holding onto a small envelope.

"Y/n, dear" She called, giving you a warm smile, you smiled back and nodded, waiting for her to say what she was going to say.

"There is a party hosted by the sakusas, i was wondering if you'd like to go?" She asked, you looked at the pile of papers on your desk then back at your mother.

"i-i don't think that's a good idea, since i've got a lot to finish" You said without thinking, your mother stayed silent, lookinf shocked, you were shocked too with what you had just said.

it was the first time you said no to one of her "offers"

"No mother i mean-" Your mother smiled and shook her head, "It's okay dear, i could just attend" She said, you gave her a small smile before nodding slightly.

Your heart was beating fast, that was the first in years, it was a small step but it meant alot to you. When she left the room you quickly took your phone from your drawer to tell your friends about what happened.

Shoto looked outside his window almost immediately when he heard three faint knocks coming from outside, he walked to the balcony door and opened it

"Y/n-san?" He called, you jumped from the roof and to his balcony with a grin "Shou-kun!" You said, Shoto couldn't help but smile at the warm feeling on his chest.

"Why are you here?" He asked, you faked a sad expression "Don't you want to see me?" You asked, his eyes widen and he quickly shake his head.

"It's not like that at all y/n-san! i-i am very happy that you came all the way here" He said, you smiled and nodded

"I was kidding!" You looked over at his shoulder, his room was neat but there were books and files on his bed and on his table.
"Can i come in?" You asked, Shoto moved so you can go inside his room.

"Huh you're busy" You said while looking around, he arranged the messy sheets of paper on his bed, "Yeah but, i always have time for you y/n-san" He muttered, but you heard it. You looked at him then cleared your throat

"i came here today cause i really wanted to see you" You said with a slight smile as you look at a picture of when he was a kid, Shoto looked at your back. "today uh, i, for the first time in several years, i told no to mother's requests or invitations? man i don't even know" You said, finally facing him.

"It may sound simple or small even, but, it makes me really happy. I-i feel like i'm kinda moving forward you know?" You said with a giggle, Shoto's eyes soften and he nodded his head.

"Goodjob y/n-san" He said, walking towards you "A-and i think, i'll be able to tell you about what happened...soon" You said, Shoto hummed, opening his arms to give you a hug but stopped. "I'll wait for you y/n-san"

Instead, he gave you a pat on the shoulder with a look that's saying he's very proud of you. 

and that was enough, more than enough.

<3

<3