Chapter 4 - Alleyway Friend (Edited)

[Name] POV:

[Name] POV:

Even though I got to go home early, I still wasn't able to get that much sleep. At most about three hours, yesterday's events really messed with my mind. I tried warm milk, but it did not work. I also tested out count sheep, which also didn't work. I ended up just reading a book on my phone until the battery died. And then I let it sit on the charger while I looked for a snack.

I had only got this apartment a month before working for L'manberg hospital after quitting my part-time job at a coffee shop down the street from where I lived with my parents. The apartment had four rooms, my bedroom, a bathroom, a living room area, and a small kitchen. It was about average size, 450 square feet. Sure the apartment isn't in the nice part of town, there is a lot of drug and violence that happens outside, mostly in the alleyways after dark. But it's better than living with my family, who don't give two shits about me.

"I keep forgetting to go shopping," I say to myself.

My laziness will be the death of me, literally. Before my phone died, it was 2 am. There is a 7-Eleven down the street from where I am and they never close. After quickly throwing my coat and shoes on, I grab my backpack, with my wallet inside and headed for the door.

Sadly I can't listen to music because I left my phone at home to charge. With music to distract me from my thoughts. They say bad thoughts are just thoughts, no need to stress out. But that doesn't make them go away, if anything it makes me feel stupid for having them. I don't think you can tell someone to be happy, it's not that easy.

"Oops!" I scramble to the ground after bumping into someone. Looking up it is a guy with short black hair, dark black eyes, and a blue beanie to match his blue shirt. He wore a look of confusion that quickly turned curious. Now I'm worried.

"Sorry about that, Hermosa dama," he greeted me and strengthened his hand to help me stand. I gently took his hand in mine.

"Gracias," I smiled. He studied my movements for a few seconds, before speaking up again.

"You know Spanish?" He asked with his eyes wide open.

"Yes and no. I only know the basics, like hi and bye, you know?" I answer while adding my own question.

"Oh... So why are you in this alleyway? Do you plan on buying?" He pulled out a small bag of white powder. I didn't even notice I walked into an alleyway until he mentioned it. Did I just walk into a drug deal?

"Um no sorry. I don't do that kind of stuff." I hold up my hands in defense. I start to slowly walk backward, taking small steps so he won't notice. Which didn't seem to work as he also started moving forward. He carefully unzipped the small plastic bag and took out a scoop of white powder.

"Here, I'll give you a sample!" I couldn't move any farther as I felt the cool brick wall touch my back. He smirks with corrupt eyes, a look of ill intent, something I rather avoid.

"N-no t-thanks," I stuttered. He just kept moving closer.

"OW! THAT FUCKING HURT!" He yelled and well spilling the powder over my face. I pointed my eyesight towards his left leg as a domestic shorthair cat was biting him. That got to hurt, hehe.

"This is why no one likes cats." He moved down to pick up the cat. The cat jumped at me into my arms. It had a collar with a name tag that read "Patches''. So that's her name, I wonder who her owner is.

"Is this flour? Are you kidding me?!" I said in frustration.

"Yeah, it's just flour. I don't actually sell drugs. The name Alexis or Quackity," He laughed. Alexis then pulls out his phone to check his messages. I'm not exactly sure as I don't have a clear view of his phone screen.

"I'm [Name], I guess it's nice to meet you." I shrug my shoulders lightly. "Anyways, what are you doing in an alleyway if you're not selling drugs? Are you buying?" I asked.

"It is not really important, the person I was supposed to meet here is busy. I better get going, adiós!" Alexis waves and then walks past me.

Meow

Oh shit I forgot about Patches. She does have a collar, so she must have a home. I'll just leave her here. I bend down, gently placing Patches on the ground as flour falls from my face.

"I guess going to the store would be weird if I had flour all over my face, huh" I reverse my direction to face the way I enter the alleyway. So much for getting snacks, the one time I get off my lazy ass I almost get sold drugs. Time to walk back home.

My eyes have been averted from the dark sky, until now. There were white stars to brighten up the simple dark blue sky. A clear sky was in sight. It was rather peaceful, in these moments where you get to appreciate the little things in life.

"Hmmm...how can you... hmmm... I don't know you yet," I started to hum a tune of a song that I long forgot. The tone is so familiar, but I can't think of the lyrics for the life of me.

"Finally home." I think as I pull out my house key and stick it into the lock. I then grab the door handle and push the door open. Before I could walk inside, a cat blocked my path.

"Huh? Patches?" She purred against my leg. Whatever, I'm way too tired of this. If this cat wants to follow me so be it. I'm sure her owner won't mind. It will be just one night after all. I throw my bag onto the floor and fall face-first onto my bed. Patches followed me and lie down next to me.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

I'm glad people are still reading this story!
Show your support by voting and leaving a comment!

Daily reminder: Don't forget to eat!

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

-----