Chapter 5 - Patches? (Edited)

[Name] POV:

[Name] POV:

"She's so cute! Why didn't you tell me you had a pet? " I asked, holding on tightly to a small creature. She was only about the size of one of my hands.

"I thought she would make a great surprise! I know how much you've been wanting one, " He smiled. I continued to pet the furry creature, her fur was soft.

"Awww, I'm glad we finally got to move in together!" I cheer and walk over to the couch, petting the creature in my arms.

"Me too, I just hope I can beat the case," He said sadly. Once again letting the happy moment die down.

"You will, I know you will. Have faith" I said. The creature sat in my lap, she became comfy enough to sleep peacefully. Even though his face was a blur, I felt him smiling at those words. We were going to get through this, no matter what. We have to, right?

BRRING!

No, I just want to stay asleep. I grab hold onto one of my two pillows, to clutch over my head to try to block out the annoying alarm. Can't I just ignore it and go back to sleep?

BRRRRRRING!!

No, I don't want to wake up. I'll just keep my eyes closed and won't move, then I don't have to go to work. I pulled at the covers to enclose myself from the real world. I won't have to deal with all the awkwardness of meeting my first patient. Or all the other problems that being an adult come with.

BRRRRRRRRRRRING!!!

I let out a groan of frustration as I chuck my phone across the room. I quickly woke up to the noise my phone made when it hit the wooden floor. Patches, on the other hand, seem to be a deep sleeper.

"SHOOT!" I yelled as I jumped from my bed over to where my phone landed. Hopefully, it is not broken, oh gosh, please don't be broken! I don't think I'll be able to afford another one.

"It's not like I just got a new job after I quit my part-time job."

I roll my eyes at the sarcastic thought. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when I picked up the phone. It only had a small creaked in the middle of the screen. Okay that not too bad, I guess. It should still work like normal. I sadly still didn't get a chance to go shopping so toast it is! Popping two pieces of bread into the toaster and then I filled up a glass with water.

POP! The now burned bread flew out of the toaster. I tossed both pieces onto a plate and spread butter on top as it is the only thing I have.

"MUNCH. Ugh, this is so gross. " I'm never going to be able to eat a proper meal, am I? After eating half a slice of toast I throw the rest in the green bin.

Meow

Patches roll over on her back on my bed, showing me her stomach. Like she was a puppy. I let out a small awww at her movements.