Chapter 14 - Taking Off The Mask

[Name] POV:

[Name] POV:

My eyes fluttered open. I fell asleep next to Dream.

"You need to take off the mask." Dream's voice repeats in my head.

Dream told me to take off his mask in my Dream. But was it really Dream? A feeling of deja vu came over me. Like me and Dream were actually just friends hanging out. Additionally, he told me to remember him, which made no sense. How can I remember someone I never forgot... It is possible that I forgot about him? That would make a lot of sense into why we feel so comfortable together. I knew there was something weird going on at this place.

I wonder how I should go about taking off his mask. I could ask him to show me his face but he probably wouldn't be willing to. I could also just rip it off of him, which is an invasion of privacy. But dream-Dream (a/n: confusing I know) told me I could. He practically begged me to!

I turned my body to Dream, who was fast asleep. This might be easier than I thought. I glaze my fingertip over the smiley face. It must've been drawn on with a black sharpie. I wonder how long he had this mask for? There are dents and scratches through the white mask. I move my fingers to the side of the mask, all I need to do is lift it up. Before I can think twice two hands wrap around my own.

"What do you think you're doing, princess?" He hissed. Obviously, I couldn't see his face but he was pissed.

"I d-didn't r-realize you were a-awake" I stuttered. I wasn't excepting him to be awake.

"Well, I can't have nosey people running around taking off my mask," he stated. He stood from his spot on the bench. And held out his hand to offer his hand. "I think it's time we go back."

He was now being nice to me? Wasn't he just upset with me for trying to look at his face?  "It's better to be safe than sorry. I don't think I can trust you right now" I nodded. He led me out of the garden. We walked down the hallway in awkward silence.

"I'm sorry about earlier," I say, breaking the silence. "I only did it because you asked me to."

"What are you delusional or somethin'? I never told you to do that!'

"N-no it happened in a dream."

"You can't be serious. What would make you dream about me?" He asked. "You can't think I'll believe you right?" I guess there is no point in trying to prove that it did happen. He seemed set on the fact that it didn't.

"Fair enough. Maybe I need a therapist myself," I laughed. It came out more sinister than I wanted it to.

"Ooo I have the perfect person to recommend. She is a beautiful princess who doesn't understand what boundaries are," he told. Great, he was still angry with me.

"I won't do it again."

"You promise?"

"Y-yes," I'm sure I can convince him to show me what he looks like if he trusts me.