1||E D A

E D A

"You can't be serious Eda ... You can't ruin your life. I can't let you go through with this... I won't!" Melo begged me after she heard what I had planned to do. Her eyes were tearing up and mine would have too but I had no tears left to cry.

"Melo, I understand your feelings... You accepted Serkan as your eniste much before him and I even got together but you've got to understand Melo... He doesn't remember me. He's never going to remember me . And I... I can't handle this pain anymore. I don't want to be alone." I held my breath, afraid that I was going to break down again but I couldn't... I wouldn't.

"So your answer to this is getting married to Deniz? You don't love him Eda! Think of what this'll do to him! You're ruining not one, but two lives!" Melo screamed.

"Deniz knows Melo... I told him yesterday. I told him that I don't love him and I probably never will, and he's okay with it. He understands me Melo, he understands my pain. We're the logical fit Melo. Too bad love doesn't work on logic."

"Don't you dare Eda! Don't you dare regret loving Serkan. Your love is the best thing that happened to the both of you. Don't forget that!"

"It's a bit too late to not forget isn't it? " I gave her a smile, but she saw right through it.

"Eda, you're not thinking straight right now... you're in pain and you're taking rash decisions that you normally never would. I feel sorry for you because I understand where you're coming from but that does not make this right. I will not be a part of this Eda... If you want to get married, go ahead. But I will not be there to watch it. I cannot watch you do this to yourself. " She said as she wiped a single tear that had strayed onto her cheek.

Not Melo too... Why does everyone keep leaving me... I don't want to be alone anymore.

I tried bringing myself to say something, but the feelings that were rushing through me were too hard to put into words. Before I could find the right things to say, Melo turned around, walking right out the door, recreating a scene that I see before my eyes everyday.

Tomorrow, tomorrow will change things. I won't have to be alone ever again.