2||S E R K A N

S E R K A N

"Okay Selin."

"No we can't get married today just to take the spotlight off Eda and Deniz." I gripped my head unknowingly.

"Why? What do you mean why?" I feel my voice rise up a lot more than I'd expect it to.

"Selin I'm having a bad headache. I'll talk to you later." I said as I disconnected the call. I was just about to sip on my lemon water when Melissa showed up.

"You!" She pointed at me as she made her way through my office.

"Hello to you too Melissa."

"It's Melek you idiot!"

"I'm sorry. Have I done something to you?" I ask, perplexed. Melissa ... I mean Melek never has called me an idiot before. She seemed nice enough I think, when she talked to me, she made me think that we were close. It's a shame that I don't remember though.

"What have you done? Serkan you're still asking that question? I get that you don't remember us Serkan but that's no excuse for acting the way you are right now. The past year? We were your family. We were there for you. Eda was there for you. And when you were gone? We lost hope. But Eda? She was still there for you. You were gone Serkan... She could have moved on, she could have forgotten the last year, but she still chose you. She chose the pain because it meant that she'd still have you, even if it was just memories. And what do you do in return? Return home hand in hand with some bimbo from the past. Even then, Eda looked past everything and was there for you, she wanted to help you recover. But what do you do? Push her away and act like she means nothing to you. Do you not have a conscience Serkan Bolat? Did you not want to get to know the woman who would die multiple deaths for you?" I looked at her, not knowing how to react. I felt my heart grow heavy but I had no idea why.

"I didn't come here to lecture you Mr Bolat. I came here to tell you that you've had your chance and you blew it. My Eda's done fighting now. She has fought a long battle and she's tired. She won't be fighting anymore. She's getting married tomorrow. "

I felt something in me snap. I was feeling all sorts of pain. Why was I feeling this way? I knew that Eda's wedding was happening. I knew and yet it didn't feel real, not until right now.

"Melek wait..." I called after her.

She turned around to look at me once again.

"Is she really getting married Melo?" I asked, not bothering to filter my thoughts for the first time in my life.

"Yes eniste. But what are you going to about it?" She said and before I had any time to process, she turned around and left the same way she came in.

Eda Yildiz, who are you? And what the hell are you doing to me?