16||S E R K A N

Advisory: Sexual content ahead.

One day, one day without Eda and I already felt sick inside. I longed for her touch. I longed for the feeling I got when I listened to her voice and I cursed myself for being the petty one and fixing up an Antalya work trip in the very last minute. Eda was being immature but that didn't mean that I had to, but somehow that's the way things turned out. 

"Eda," I called out desperately through the receiver, I was suffering without her, more than I ever thought I would.

"Serkan," she whispered back and I could tell that she was deliberately keeping her voice low, clearly she hadn't told them yet, and I was besides myself but I didn't want to quarrel, not when we had such short windows of time to talk to each other.

I put the phone on speaker and placed it on the table before getting up and walking towards the cupboard in my hotel room. "I'm coming home in a few hours," I said out loud as I pulled out my clothes and stuffed them haphazardly into my bag. It was spontaneous of me but I didn't care, I needed to see her.

"Ne? Aren't you supposed to be at work till tomorrow?" The surprise was evident in her voice.

"Evet Eda but the major part of the work is done, Tunis can take it from here, they don't need me," and I really need you, I left out my last chain of my thoughts as I straightened out the tie I was wearing.

"Ta-tamam," I heard her stutter, and I was a little disappointed that she didn't seem more excited.

My fingers lingered on the tie for a minute longer than necessary. "You don't seem very happy," I observed.

"I am happy, it's just that," she stopped midway and I could hear her breathe shallowly. "I haven't told them yet,"

"I know," I said as my hands finally flew off the outline of my tie. I looked around for the coat that I'd worn as my mind actively roamed to Eda.

"I'll tell them soon, I promise," she said but I could tell that it was more of a promise to her than to me.

I found the coat lying down on the floor on the opposite side of my bed and I sighed, I wasn't used to being disorderly. "Okay Eda," I said while picking it up and slipping it on my shoulders.

"Eda!" I heard another voice on the other side of the receiver which I immediately recognized as Melo's. I walked up to the table in a hurry and picked up the phone. I brought it close to my ear when I noticed the urgency in her voice, she sounded so distraught and in that moment, I was worried too.

"Eda! Cenk just called me! Apparently he's been trying to get in touch with you but you've been ignoring-" Melo's voice came to an abrupt halt, clearly Eda's doing. I felt my eyes widen at the mention of Cenk, the ex that cheated on her with some girl from Italy. I had a string of insults line up in my head for that two timing asshole but I didn't want to say them out loud, especially when I felt so guilty for leaving her, for the bitch, like my mom would say. 

"Ne? What's going on there Eda?" I asked, not even trying to tame my voice. There was a long silence on the other end before I prompted again, "Eda I'm talking to you," 

"Nothing Serkan, nothing I can't handle," she said slowly, making me roll my eyes. What the hell did Cenk want from her now? After a year and a half almost. 

"Okay but why is there a need to handle things in the first place?" I asked as I picked my suitcase and quickly glanced around the suite, looking for anything I could have missed. 

"He's been messaging me saying that he wants to meet,"

"Which I've been ignoring," she added hurriedly.