10||S E R K A N

Last night was magical and when I woke up the following morning, I contemplated about fucking Eda senseless until I remembered every moment of the year that I'd lost, it was working so well last night that I wondered why I hadn't thought of that before. I had insisted that she stay the night with me in my house but she wanted to go home and I didn't want to push it, knowing that I'll be pushing her a lot to marry me in the coming days, I didn't want her to tire out just yet. I'm so considerate, I know. I picked up my phone and called her, wanting to hear her voice again.

"Hello love," I whispered through the phone.

"Hi Serkan," her hoarse voice came through, and I had no doubt in my mind that what I was afraid of earlier had happened.

"You're sick aren't you," I said, a little mad at myself for calling it out yesterday itself.

"Yes Serkan,"

"Eda I told yo-"

"I don't want to hear it," she cut me off, as I brought my hand to my head in frustration.

"I'll see you after work Serkan," I felt my eyebrows rise up in disbelief, was she being serious?

"Stay at home Eda, don't you dare go in to work today," I said as I threw over a coat and slipped on my shoes, knowing fully well that she was going to disobey me.

"Okay," she replied which made me stop in my tracks.

"Okay? Did you just say okay?", I asked her with confusion. Did Eda Yildiz just agree with me? I could get used to this.

"You're working from home today right?," she asked, ignoring my question.

"Yeah that's the plan," I said hesitantly.

"Okay I'll see you later," she said.

"Bye I lo-" I started saying but she'd already hung up. This was becoming a habit and I really didn't like it. I sighed to myself as I started removing my shoes. Just when I was about to remove my coat, it hit me. I facepalmed myself for not seeing it earlier and quickly wore my shoes back on while swearing out loudly. I grabbed my car keys and closed the door behind me forcefully, taking long strides up to my car, continuing to curse out loudly in the process.

-*-*-*-*-

"Serkan bey, I wasn't expecting you today," Leila said as she rushed up to me near the entrance.

"Evet Leila, I wasn't planning on it either but there was a change in plans. Could you an update on the riverside project to my room?" I asked as I continued to walk forward.

"Tamam Serkan bey," she acknowledged as she went her own way and I went mine. It's funny that I knew what I was going to see even before I entered the office, Eda stood by the table, with her hand on the edge, like she was finding it difficult to stand, examining what appeared to be a work file. She was wearing a longish trench coat with the collar up, flared trousers that went up to her ankle paired with black stilettos and sunglasses to hide her tired red eyes I imagine.

"Looks like you took me seriously when I asked you not to wear my clothes while hiding from me," I mused as I walked up to her, without any amusement in my eyes. She turned her head towards me but didn't say a word.

"Now you're hiding in your clothes, quite an improvement," I added sarcastically.

"I'm not hiding from you Serkan, I'm working," she said hoarsely as she turned to her file again, annoying me a little bit.

"You lied to me," I said as I snatched the file from her hands, wanting to see what she was so engrossed in. I didn't need to look at her to know that I was successful in pissing her off.