15||E D A

The past few days had been blissful. Serkan and I had the time of our lives. It was just so wonderful! The cottage outside the city offered us an escape from all the drama and monotony of the past and on our last day there, I almost didn't want to go back, where I'd have to deal with a hundred and one questions. I just wanted to stay there with Serkan, forever and always.

"I'll give you a kiss if you tell me what's on your mind," he cut my chain of thoughts as he walked up to me from behind and offered me a cup of coffee in the garden, smiling from ear to ear. I loved it when he was happy, he deserved it, after all that he'd been through.

"Serkan I don't want to leave this place, this feels like home, you feel like home," I rambled on, not knowing where to start, or stop. The scent of flowers lingered in the air and I noticed how every little detail of the garden jumped at me. It was beyond beautiful, and it was everything that I'd ever wanted from a home. I could tell that Serkan hesitated for a minute, it was as if he was considering to tell me something but then decided against it.

"We're married now Eda, we'll be living together anyway, it'll be fine," he said as he took a sip of his own coffee.

"About that Serkan..." I started, not knowing how to quite tell him.

"You're scaring me Eda," he said as he lowered his mug, his eyes fixed on mine.

"I don't want to tell people that we're married just yet," I finished in a single breath, swallowing most of the words and I watched as his eyes widen with a mixture of anger and annoyance.

"Why," he spat out, turning his head around, not wanting to meet my eyes. This hurt me a little, but I could understand his point of view. I was devastated by my decision as well.

"What we have between us Serkan, it's special. It's so wholesome... And I don't want it to be ruined, people always come in between us Serkan, they don't mean to but they end up complicating matters nevertheless. Can't It just be the two of us Serkan? Please? Only for a little while?," I reached out for his hand and he didn't protest. His eyes softened as he turned towards me.

"So you're saying that we won't be living together?" he asked, the sadness evident in his voice.

"Only for a week or so, I'll slowly tell them Serkan. I just don't want to drop this bombshell on them in a single day" I finished as I tried to get him to look at me.

"I got a wedding ring made for you, I assume you won't be wearing that as well," he curtly said as he continued to divert his eyes from mine. He got a wedding ring made? For me? I was beyond touched and that only hurt me even more.

"Serkan...I don't know what to say-"

"Say that you'll wear it Eda," he stared me down as his fingers interlaced with my own.

"I will Serkan! I want that more than anything else in the world, but just give me some time to break the news, lutfen," I begged.

"You want me to say yes Eda but I'm sorry, I cannot do that, but I will accept your decision, even though I don't like it one bit," he said as he turned around to chug on his coffee.

"I love you Serkan," I whispered, my voice laced with gratitude.

"Oh the things we do for love," he lamented in response as he pulled me in for a peck on my lips. I tasted the freshly ground coffee on them and almost wanted to lick them, but I held myself back and returned my mouth back to the coffee cup instead.

"If this is the last day I spend with my wife, I don't want to waste anymore time discussing her stupidity, come on," he said bluntly, his void devoid of any emotion as he tugged on my hand. My mouth opened slightly and closed back almost immediately as I started walking behind him as he dragged me further into the garden.