20||E D A

"Kiraz!" I exclaimed as she opened the door and hugged my legs, making me laugh heartily despite the rough night I'd had. Serkan hadn't said a word on the way back. While walking back, I had also mustered the courage to tell him that Semiha Yildrim had been dead for years and that's when I decided to come back to Turkey, I told him that I'd lived in the fear of a ghost for two years but if Serkan had heard it, which I know that he had, he hadn't even acknowledge the fact. It was as if nothing had happened.

"There's actually a gift for you in here," I looked down at the little girl as I touched her small head.

"Gift?!" She squealed as she let go of me to attack the suitcase Serkan was dragging.

"Relax Kiraz, the gift isn't going anywhere," that was the first thing he said since the hotel room. I shot him a sideward glance but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at Kiraz with a huge smile plastered to his face.

"What, no gift for me?" My head perked up instantly when I heard a voice from inside the house. It only took me two seconds to realise who it belonged to. Serkan stood besides me, without any emotional giveaway. He was ignoring my existence and diverting all his attention towards Kiraz.

"Engin abi," I whispered as I tried to hold back my tears. Serkan was right, I had a lot of people here, and leaving them all behind was the hardest thing that I'd ever had to do. I quickly moved past Kiraz to enter the house, to find him standing by the couch. When I saw him there, looking just as young as he was five years ago, all I wanted to do was hug him, and seek the comfort that he'd always been able to give me no matter the circumstance.

"You poor thing, what have they been feeding you?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows as he stepped closer towards me, and before I could make up my mind to whether I could embrace him or not, his arms engulfed my with all he had, and I hurled myself into him without a single worry, not able to keep it together anymore. Hot tears fell onto his chest as I stayed there for a minute, not wanting to let go and face the real world.

"Eda, Serkan might be my best friend but I've always considered you my kid sister," he said as he made no effort to let go, and neither did I. "I'll always be there for you, no conditions attached,"

He only said a handful of words but those simple words of reassurance meant so much to me, all I'd ever wanted was to be told that, and when someone finally did, I couldn't stop myself from bawling my eyes out. "Please talk to him," I whispered, as we finally pulled apart. He brought his hands to my shoulders, giving them a tight squeeze.

"I will," he promised before he finally let go. Kiraz came running towards me at that very moment, making me turn backwards to find her tugging at my leg.

"Amca you can't steal my annecim," she said as she grabbed onto my pointer finger possessively. I looked at Engin, who looked at me with the same surprised expression on his face before he broke into a fit of laughter.

"Like father like daughter," he whispered to himself but it was loud enough for me to hear and a small laugh escaped my lips.

"Take baba if you want but annem is only mine," she continued as she tightened the grip around my finger, making me look down at her as I stifled another laugh. "Annecim, Engin amca helped me bake the second pizza, it's time to eat now, I'm hungry!" the girl squealed as she held onto my finger tightly.

"Kiraz why don't you give me two minutes with your amca, I'll be right there," I tried to say before I was interrupted again.

"No! Annem I want pizza right now," she said as she started dragging me towards the kitchen, leaving me no choice but to follow. 'Sorry' I mouthed at Engin, who only shook his head laughing as a response.