16. Kidnapped

I'm playing waitress. I know I could've just gone invisible, but Sara told me I was gonna be a waitress and I didn't feel like annoying her more. After this mission we'll talk, and it'll be fine. It has to be fine.

"Ray, Nate, what's your status?" Sara asks over the comms.

"Be careful, we're coming in. Don't get caught in our net." Nate replies.

We're about to leave, when we are met with Damien Darhk. This guy again?

"What are squares like you doing in a place like this?" He asks.

Sara immedietly gets angry. "You."

"Jefferson." Egghead says, meaning for him to come closer so they can become Firestorm.

Unfortunatly, the speedster races by before they have the chance.

"What the hell?" Kid exclaims.

I take this as my cue to turn invisible, but I don't get the chance either. In the blink of an eye, I'm suddenly in some sort of basement. Tied to a chair. Not much later, Sara appears too. And then professor egghead.

I'm waiting for the kid to arrive, but he doesn't. Guess he got away.

The professor starts talking nonsense. "Yes, the Ritz-Carleton it is definetly not."

"How did we get here?" Sara asks.

I sigh. "The speedster."

"He wasn't working alone." Sara points out.

"Yes." Egghead responds. "Damien Darhk, a rather predictable bedfellow for Al Capone."

Then Malcolm Merlyn walks in. "And don't forget about me. It's been a long time, Sara. You look good for someone who's come back from the dead."

Sara told me he's the one responsible for her dead. I hate the guy already.

Sara scoffs. "Why am I not suprised that you and Damien Darhk would find each other?"

"What do you want with us?" Egghead asks.

The guy starts to walk around the room. "You have something we need, and while my partners think I'm a fool for trying, I would like to broker a deal with you."

He turns to me. "Kate Rory. I heard a lot about you. It suprises me that someone with your potential would surround herself with these good-for-nothing heroes."

I just turn my head a bit in response. "The deal?"

"You have in your possession an amulet. Give it to me, and I will give you your life back."

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The day your parents died, everything changed for you."

I give him an unimpressed smile. "You did your research."

He just continues. "Your brother wasn't aloud to adopt you, but do you ever wonder what would've happened if he was? You would have had the chance to go to school, to live a normal life. You could've become a criminal, but also a lawyer or a real doctor. It would have been your choice. Your brother wouldn't have had to lose his sister for years, you wouldn't have had to go through all that painful training-"

I cut him off. "Still waiting on that offer."

"I can make that happen. You just have to give us the amulet."

I look at professor egghead. He has already given up the hope of me refusing the offer. Sara, on the other hand, is looking right at me. She has that same pleeding look as the day I was walking towards my brother and those Time Pirates, ready to leave the team for dead.