21. Christmas

We're watching the execution of George Washington. "Any last words?" General popcorn asks.

"In fact I've learned a new word from my private and his wife." He says.

Chucky and I both take the guns from the guy next to us and knock them out simultaniously. Washington tells them his new word. "Kaboom."

We use the guns we just got from those soldiers to shoot the other ones. I keep shooting, while Washington looks at me with wide eyes. Once he get's over the shock of a woman that can fight, he kicks some random Englishman in the stomach.

Someone attacks me from behind. I manage to knock the guy out, but lose the gun in the process. I continue to fight, but with my bare hands. Then I notice how one of the soldiers has a gun pressed against my brother's chest.

This distracts me for a while, giving the soldiers a chance to knock me to the ground. A steel Nate appears in front of the gun and stops the bullet. I sigh in relief and knock out the asshole that kicked me.

I see Amaya is here too, and run upto them. "Is Sara okay?"

They both look taken back by the question, causing my stomach to flip upside down. "We don't know." She replies. It's better than a 'no', but not comforting at all.

"A gentleman would stay and fight, but as an American, I suggest we run." Washington says.

Everybody seems to agree, so we run into the woods.

I run like crazy. I don't think I've ever ran this fast before. The only thing going through my mind is: Sara. It's a three hour walk, but I don't lose speed. I keep running.

I finally arrive at the ship and run inside. I run into the Medbay, but she isn't there. I don't have the time to stop or ask Gideon where she is. Instead I run to our room. I open the door, and there she is. Alive and well.

"Kate." She breathes.

I run upto her, tackle her on the bed, and crash our lips together. I kiss her like I've never done before. Everything I've been feeling since the last time I saw her comes back to the surface and I can't do anything but kiss her.

Her tongue finds her way into my mouth and my hands find their way under her shirt. But because of the long run, the need to breath quickly becomes an issue. I pull away to breath, still on top of her.

"You're alive." I say with the biggest smile on my face.

"By now you should know I don't do dying." She replies.

My smile falters a little. "You do it too much actually."

Her hand rests against my face. "But never for long. I'll always come back to you. I promise."

Those words mean much more to me than I thought they would. My smile grows again and our lips collide. This kiss is less desperate than the first one, but more heated. She tugs on my shirt, which I quickly take off. I do the same with her shirt.

I leave a trail of kisses down her neck and collarbone. She's, of course, trying to maintain control. She flips us over so I'm lying on the bed and she's on top of me.

I roll my eyes at her, to which she smirks widely. Now it's her turn to leave kisses down my neck. I moan at the sensation.

Just at that moment, someone opens the door. We both shoot up with widened eyes, while my brother walks in as if he lives here. "Kate Geor-"

He stops himself when he sees what he has walked into. "Ow, Sara, you- you're alive."

He's doing his best to hide the relief, but I see right though his act. Instead he gives her a glare, which she happily returns. Then he turns to me. "Georgie wants to speak to us."