Chapter 33

I'm having a good mood day and have been writing all day. YAY for future pre written chapters. I hope you are all happy too.
Word count: 988

Harper POV

I woke up to a soft beeping. I opened my eyes but had to squint to see as there was a bright light above my head. "Trying to blind me?" I asked and pushed the light away from my face.

"Sorry," Bruce said and he spun around on his chair. I sat up, trying to stifle my groans of pain,  and looked at him. He had bags under his eyes and looked incredibly tired.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked him and he smiled weakly.

"Well sitting by someone's bedside for three days sure takes it out of you." He answered and rubbed his eyes softly. Three days! I have been asleep for three days? But that means...! "By the way, Happy Birthday Harper." He said and I looked at him shocked. "How's it feel to be 16?" He asked.

"Pretty shit so far," I answered him truthfully. So far all of my 16-year-old day had been pain. Please don't let this be a preview for what's to come, I begged. He handed me a drink of water and I took it gratefully. "How did it feel to be 16 for you?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"You ask me like I remember that time." He said and we both chuckled softly. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked and I answered with a positive shake of my head. I sighed heavily and looked back to the roof and the blinding light of the led light. Bruce left the room with a quick step.

I didn't mind that he was gone because I just wanted to sleep and wanted to turn back the clock off my life to stop all the horrible things from happening. If I had never come to SHIELD in the first place then none of this would have happened. I should have stayed in my room at the home where Jasper and I were safe and relatively happy. Okay, he was relatively happy but I wasn't. I had always felt like I was missing something and being here made me feel like I was finally found my missing pieces but now I felt terrible again. I felt a tear fall down the side of my face. I didn't wipe it away.

Burce came back into the room and had a concerned expression. He started pacing and was mattering softly about something. "What's wrong Bruce?" I asked him and turned my face to look at him. 

"Loki's missing." He said and he looked very concerned about that fact. I slowly sat up and went to get out of the bed. "Harper, what are you doing?" He asked me as I stood up to go back to my room. He walked over to me and took my shoulders in his hands. He helped me stay standing as I had begun to wobble over having weak legs. 

"What do we do now? We have to find Loki before he hurts anyone else. If he touches Jasper again I will not give him a chance at his life!" I growled softly and Bruce helped me sit back down on the bed. Bruce looked slightly scared at my threat but it was true. Nobody hurt Jasper and got away with it. 

"You can leave later today but not yet. Give your body some time to wake up properly before you go murdering people." He said and made me chuckle. I nodded and sat down and let my head lean on the pillow. "I'll tell you when we locate loki." He said and left the room to go do something unknown to me. I sat on my bed and waited for some good news to be told to me. 

"Harp!" Came the yelled of a small boy. I looked to see Jasper come sprinting into the room with a wide smile on his face. 

Time Jump

I felt alright and I was permitted to leave the hospital lab so I did. I sat on my bed and wished everything would go back to normal. Life was not fun anymore and it was not just being a teenager. 

I walked down the hall on my birthday and smiled when I hear the other children singing 'happy birthday'. I jumped down the last few steps and saw lots of other children singing and Abigale was holding a blue cake. I had never smiled so much in my life and it was rather enjoyable to see all these people happy to see me. Jack and Michael were goofing around like always but they were both smiling at me. Grace and Jessica were glaring at me because they were jealous of the attention I was getting.

We all went to the kitchen and cute the cake and we all are happy. Of course, multiple multiple cakes because one would never feed us all. We had at least five cakes and all of them were egg-free, dairy-free and gluten-free. Honestly not the best cakes but it was perfect for 10-year-old me who believed life would always be this perfect and fun. 

I smiled at the memory and let my head flop down into the bed. Just as I was about to get up and shower Clint burst open my door. "We found Loki, Hurry and get ready!" He said then went to leave. Before he left he came over to me and kissed my forehead in a father-daughter loving way. I liked it.

"I'll be ready in 5," I said and hurried him from my room so I could get changed into my suit. Please be okay Loki. You need to be okay. I want you to be okay even though you threatened to hurt Jasper.

Published: 30th March 2021