Chapter 43

Short I know, sorry. At least past chapters have been longer.

Word count: 876

Loki's POV

Odin left my mind and I closed my eyes. I can't go to Asgard. I'll end up in the dungeon again for what I did. Odin won't care that I was mind controlled. He didn't last time and he won't this time. I thought to myself and sighed heavily. I felt angry tears want to fall down my face but I stopped tnem. Odin will not make me cry!

Harper came into my room and knelt next to me. I only realised when I felt her burning hand on my cheek. "Harper No!" I yelled as I saw the Bifrost cover us.

The Bifrost came down and picked me up along with Harper who started to yell. "What the HELL?!" She yelled and clutched onto me. I felt so bad for bringing her along without her permission. My shirt began to get wet and I noticed Harper's soft scared sobs.

I understood her tears because the first time I traveled by Bifrost I felt ill and terrified. It's not a fun experience the first few times and it often makes you feel ill.

"It is okay darling. The Bifrost has picked us up." I said trying to hide the worry in my voice. Odin would kill me if he found out I liked this girl and that she was coming with me. I didn't know what to do so I just held her close to me hoping I was helping her not be so scared.

"Where are we going?" She yelled and I told her the truth. She looked terrified about what was to come and that's how I felt. "What did we do?" She growled but I didn't say anything. I didn't want her to know why we were being summoned. "What the heck is a Bifrost?" She asked rather loudly.

Odin had wanted to see me after the whole Lorelei situation but I had ignored him for a while. He had gotten impatient and was now forcing me home. He believed I was once again a danger to everyone and he wanted to put me up on trail. Harper was now stuck only for the ride.

We arrived on Asgard but I didn't let Harper go. She was still crying softly and I hated to see her so upset. I heard Heimdall and Odin talking and soon a guard was trying to pry Harper out of my grip. "No! No, you can't," I said and tried to keep Harper in my arms but the guards pried her away from me. 

"LOKI!" She screamed but a guard threw her over his shoulder and carried her towards the castle. She was kicking and yelling but it wasn't working. I could see her veins started to turn bright red and the blood rushed through her body. He started to glow a vivid red and I knew what would happen next.

"Odin you can't. DON'T HURT HER." I screamed as she was dragged down to the cells and I was dragged to my room. I was flung onto my bed and my door was slammed shut and locked. I tried to use magic but it wasn't working. I hoped she wouldn't lose control of her powers again because that would make Odin even madder. He may even kill her if she did that.

I sat on my bed and tried to talk to Harper. Harper? Harper, can you hear me? I had a feeling it wasn't working but I kept calling out to her. I'm so sorry about this. I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm sorry for you getting dragged into my mess. I'll kill Odin if he touches you.

Loki? Came the amazing voice of Harper except it wasn't in my ears, it was in my head. 

Harper? This is working, Harper?  I asked back and I could almost hear the eye roll.

Who else would it be? Loki, what the heck is going on? Where are we? Who the hell is Odin and how the do we get home? She asked and I replied happy to hear her but sad to tell her the truth. 

You are on Asgard. Odin is the Allfather. He has taken you to the dungeons and is holding you there. I don't know when you will go home. I'm so sorry, but I will get you home. I promise I will get you back Midgard.

I sighed heavily and I could hear her sigh too. I remembered the sun bear that I had wanted to give her for her birthday. I hoped that if I sent it to her then she wouldn't be so alone. I went to my balcony and tried to get my magic to work. I summoned the sum bear teddy and wrapped a red bow around its neck. I managed to get the spell working and, the sun bear disappeared from my hand and I hoped it went to her.

What's this? She asked me and I knew it had made it to her

Late birthday gift. I replied.

Thank you, Loki  She replied softly. Loki, what's going to happen to us? 

I don't know darling. I don't know. 

Published: 14 April 2021