Chapter 12

I have officially decided that I will update this book whenever the hell I want. If that is a problem for ya well to bad. XD Anyway, enjoy the chapter I have no idea when the next one will come. 

Word count: 1049

Harper's POV

We arrived at S.H.I.E.L.D and Nick Fury greeted me at the door. "Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. What do you think?" He asked with a slight knowing grin on his face.  

I looked up and down the impressive building. "Flashy," I answered with a small smirk. He chuckled then we walked inside. I stifled a gasp as I saw the inside. Everything was high tech, new and definitely better than what Tony stark had.

I have seen Tony Starks lab. I hacked into his security cameras to test drive my new laptop. Most of what I saw was Tony abusing his robots. The one that got the worse was called Dum-E and I felt bad for him. The robot was just trying to help Tony, although it was funny to see Tony get coved in fire extinguisher foam a few times. 

We walked to an elevator and we went to the 11th floor. We stepped out of the elevator and he hurried me down the halls. We passed lots of people who definitely knew who I was, or at least who I was related to. Nick opened a small door and I walked inside the room.

"This will be your temporary room here at S.H.I.E.L.D. it's for when you have to stay here."  It was amazing. Tall light navy blue walls and almost black carpet. One of the walls was painted with white corkboard paint with whitewall trims to match. A galaxy duvet covered the bed that sat in the far corner with a light coloured desk next to it. A big bookshelf was opposite the desk. A walk-in wardrobe was next to the bookshelf. A small work station was up against the same wall as the door. 

"Ok. This is pretty cool." I said as I dumped my belongings onto the floor within the wardrobe then went to the work station. I fiddled around with things on the workbench then I ran over to the desk and looked in the bag that was on it. Inside the bag were an all-black mission uniform, a small phone and a small grey watch. I picked up the watch and put it on. "Does this come in any other colours?" I asked being a bit picky. I had to pretend that I wasn't that happy about the room. I loved it.

Nick Fury nodded and put his hand out. "I'll show you." I took the watch off and put it in his hand. "Right. If you tap it here then..." As he trailed off a small hologram appeared of a loading screen. "And you use it as a phone but you can use it for much more." He finished and handed it back to me. 

"Awesome," I mumbled and managed to get the watch to black with speckles of dark purple and a TARDIS blue.

"It could also change the colour of your uniform if you want it to. It will tell you your vitals and if something is wrong." He finished and began to leave my room. "We will need to test your fighting and hacking skills soon." He added and was nearly gone but I caught him.

"So Nick...What do I do now?" I asked and strapped the watch back on. Nick had told me nothing of what would happen once I was working for them.

"You wait. I have told the Avengers you're here and that you will meet them at the Avengers tower around 10 am. Don't be late." He answered and left before I could ask anything else. I mumbled to myself and begun to unpack my stuff. I placed a photo of me and Jasper on the desk and looked around my room. 'I miss him'  I thought to myself. 

Time Jump

I had searched the room all over and soon grew bored so I went over to the chalkboard wall. I started to sketch tech ideas on the board but a sudden voice scared me. "Look in the desk drawer." I jumped and turned around to see Agent Coulson standing in the doorway. 

"What?" I said with a small sigh. I didn't like being interrupted when I was working. 

He walked into my room and pointed at the desk. "Look in the top desk drawer." 

I went to my desk and opened the top draw. "Oh my... This is amazing." I almost yelled. Inside was the most beautiful art supplies I had ever seen. Seemingly endless sketchbooks were at the bottom and were surrounded by the most beautiful arrangement of coloured pencils and pens. Even watercolour paper with watercolour pencils and brush pens.   

Every art supply that I could ever need. "Do you like it?" He asked as he joined me at my desk. I didn't want to question how he knew I liked art even if I wasn't the best.

"It's Incredible. I have never seen so many colours."  I looked at him and he smiled slightly. "How did you...know what, never mind," I said and took out a set of lead pencils and a drawing book. I sat at my desk and began to sketch a new tech design, forgetting that Agent Coulson was right next to me. 

"I will come back later to take you to the Avengers tower." He said and left me to draw. I watched him leave then I picked up the phone they gave me and it looked just like my old one. Nearly everything was the same and I loved it. I started playing some music, Buses and trains by Bachelor Girl, then continued to sketch.

Time Jump

 I stood up and packed away my sketches. Agent Coulson walked in, "You ready to go?" He asked as I turned my music off. Music calmed me and helped me block out the pretty shit world.

"Yeah," I said and grabbed my phone and took my jacket then followed him out of my room. We got in the elevator, went straight down to the bottom floor then got out. We climbed into a car and we were on our way to see the Avengers. 

Published: 29th January 2021