Chapter 25

Enjoy
Word count: 1110

Harpers POV

After I had screamed at them, they came into the room to talk to me. "Why am I here?" I yelled and thrashed about in the bed. The man in leather looked sad and uncomfortable but I didn't know why.

"Harper, you need to stop and listen. You were taken and hurt but everything is okay now. Nobody will hurt you." The purple man said and told someone called J.A.R.V.I.S to fetch a man called Bucky.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" I yelled and kept thrashing around terrified of what they would do to me. The burning pain grew deeper and I felt it all over my body.

"Harper it's me, Bruce..." He began but I stopped him.

"HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?" I yelled once more and stopped thrashing about as much because my body ached so bad. I kept my guard up in case they tried anything. The burning stayed the same, like a fireplace that was just crackling in the corner.

"We are the Avengers and we are your friends." He said calmly and told the J.A.R.V.I.S to tell Bucky to hurry up. Soon enough the metal armed man came in. So he was Bucky. "Bucky tell me if she's in control or not." The man called Bruce said and ushered Bucky over.

Bucky looked at me and we made awkward eye contact. I started breathing quicker and sharper as I realised my situation. The Avengers had me and Jasper and we were going to be killed. H.Y.D.R.A had warned me about this but I didn't know who to trust anymore. "She's in control. She is safe but scared. Fear could make her dangerous." He said and moved away from my face. "I remember how she feels," Bucky said sadly and Bruce put his hand on the other man's shoulder.

Bucky walked out of the room and Bruce undid the restraints around my wrists. As he did, I tried to flee from him but my feet were still stuck. He undid them and I jumped off the bed which made Bruce flinch into a fighting stance but I just ran to a corner. I pushed myself into a ball against the wall hoping this would help as I couldn't get attacked from behind. My body felt like fire was burning in my blood and I knew I had to calm down so that the building didn't burn to the ground.

"Harper, it's okay, Don't you remember?" He asked me and took a step closer to me. I shook my head but got my hands ready to fight if I had too. My hands were glowing softly but he didn't seem to notice. He put his hand out to me and I twisted his arm so he turned around and his arm was behind him. I heard him yell out and the man called Bucky came back in. Bucky grabbed me by the upper arms but struggled to hold on as I kicked and screamed. I felt a small pinprick pain in my arm and started to feel drowsy again. Bucky placed me on a bed and they both left the room and started talking to the J.A.R.V.I.S thing again. My mind was full of different things to worry about but Jasper was my main concern. The burning pain slowly went away but it never truly left me.

J.A.R.V.I.S POV

Bruce ran from the hospital lab and asked me to gather the Avengers. All of them. "Of course Mr Banner," I said and started rounding up the Avengers.

Steve, Natasha, Thor, Bucky, Clint, Tony, Sam, Vision, Wanda, Stephen, T'challa, Scott and Peter all started heading to the conference room. Bruce was already there waiting for them all to arrive.

Once they were all seated and waiting Bruce began to talk. "Harper has woken and Bucky has clarified that she is not a threat at the moment unless she is provoked. When the hulk threw her against the wall it must have broken the mind control." He said and grew sad at the memory of what the hulk did. "I have unrestrained her and at first I thought it was a bad idea. She jumped off the bed so a put my hands up in defence but she wasn't attacking me. She ran to a corner of the room and her hands seemed to glow softly. When I tried to help her she then proceeded to attack me. Bucky had to hold her back and she is now sleeping again." He rambled on but everyone was listening and waiting for his point. "She doesn't remember us at all and doesn't feel safe." He said and the Avengers gasped softly.

"She doesn't know about us?" Scott asked and looked super confused like he was foreign to all of this. He was in many ways.

"She doesn't recognise us. She doesn't know us and sadly she doesn't trust us." Bruce explained and cast his eyes to the floor a little. He looked back up and went on, "hopefully she remembers one of us so she has someone to trust and feel comfortable around otherwise we're stuck."

"What about Jasper?" Steve asked. Bruce explained that Jasper was fine and remembered some of them. Jasper remembered Steve, Thor and Bruce. That made Steve happy but Jasper was not in good condition and was napping in a bed at the moment.

The Avengers all agreed and one by one they went into the hospital lab to talk to Harper once she woke up.

When she woke they started going in to talk to her. All the talks went the same way. They would walk in and she would shift around on the bed. If they talked to her she wouldn't reply but if they tried to touch her she would scream and try to attack them. Every time she attacked her hands glow softly and it was concerning the Avengers.

They sat down and looked in at Harper who was shaking in the corner shifting her eyes from side to side. Now it wasn't just her hands that were glowing but her whole body. She almost had an aura of red fire.

Steve was holding Jasper and he had calmed down completely now and was watching Harper. They let Jasper into the same room as Harper. She smiled and crawled over to him while Jasper ran over to her. They hugged and Harper was even crying softly because she got to see the boy she wanted to keep safe. She clearly just wanted to hold him close because they never broke the hug until later that night. 

Published: 28th February 2021