Chapter 63

Word Count: 1139

Harpers POV

Once we finished the pizza and drinks we went and got cheesecake for dessert. She got a slice of cookies and cream cheesecake and I got a slice of chocolate cheesecake. As we ate we talked about many different things and I felt like the world wasn't out to kill me. It was a strange but welcome feeling that I had.

We walked around the city for a while and I offered to walk her to her house. "Can I walk you to her place?" I asked just wanting to spend more time with her. Being around her just made me smile.

"Thanks for the offer but it's not a good idea." She said and I looked to the floor but not enough for her to notice. "Sorry, I'll text you?" She said and I looked into her green eyes. I smiled and nodded my head.

"It's alright. I happily wait for your message." I said them mentally yelled at myself for what I said. I was already overthinking what I had just said and I felt like an idiot. Alora pulled me into a hug. You see, normally I'm not a hugger but I didn't mind hugging her for some reason. It felt nice to hug someone that I didn't yet hate.

She let go and I missed her arms around me."Good Night Harper," She said as she started to walk down the street.

"Good night Alora," I said and waiting until she was a street down before doing a little dance. I smiled, chuckled and then ran back to the tower. I couldn't stop thinking about Alora and taking the long way home seemed like a good idea.

Our whole time together Alora didn't once ask me about the ring on my finger or the little soft toy bear head that picked out of my side bag. I was glad she didn't because I didn't want to have to explain it all to her. It would just be to hard to explain.

When I arrived home, my mum and Clint were waiting for me in my room. "Hello Harper, where have you been?" Clint asked and I scoffed. Really? Do you have to be here to ruin it? I was happy for a moment there.

"Should you be worrying over your other children?" I asked and opened my door. They followed me inside and I went straight to my desk.

"Harper, what were you doing out so late?" My mother asked me and I turned in my chair to face her. She looked very serious and I have to admit that she looked a little scary but I didn't let her see my emotions like that.

"I was having pizza in the park," I said. It wasn't a lie. I merely left out the detail of Alora. They didn't need to know about her.

"At 9:30 pm?" My dad said and I nodded and scoffed softly. "Explain." He groaned and I turned away from them.

"I left the house about 7 so I was only gone for two and a half hours," I said and turned on my laptop. I pulled up my music and '3 am' by Halsey started playing. "Leave my room," I said and they left the room but I could hear them talking to each other.

I went to the bathroom and showered, the whole time I was just waiting for Alora's message. I climbed into bed absolutely beaming with happiness and clearly, they found it rather odd. I normally didn't smile as much as I was now and I think that was concerning them.

Time jump

Loki was in front of me with blood dripping from his bare chest. His cold heavily body was in my weak and warm arms and his glazed over eyes looked through me. I yelled for him to come back, to come back to me. "I need you! LOKI I need you!" I yelled and pulled his body to my chest and his face pressed against my collar bone. I put my hand to Loki's wrist but left nothing. No beat from his heart. No pulse of his blood. No breath in or out of his lungs.

I woke up with a whimper as my dream vanished from my eyes. It took me a moment to release that it had been a nightmare not reality. I climbed out of my bed and went to the bathroom to splash my face with water. I stood at the sink for a moment and watched as the last few tears I had rolled down my face. "I need you Loki," I mumbled then splashed my face again.

I went back to my bed and sat down just hoping the image of Loki would go away. It did when I was distracted by a message from Alora.

Alora: Good morning.

Harper: Good morning. Wanna meet up today?

Alora: Sorry but I got school. How about tonight at our bench?

Haper: See you then.

I smiled brightly and hopped out of bed. I wanted to make us something nice so I headed straight for the kitchen. Tony was hugging Steve around the waist as Steve was cooking breakfast. "Morning Stony," I said and they both looked at me confused. "It's your names together. Steve plus Tony equal Stony." I said then got an apple out of the fruit bowl. They laughed slightly and Steve went back to cooking.

Tony came and sat next to me in the lounge. "What's got you in such a good mood?" He asked and I glared at him. I didn't want them to know I had Alora because then they would want her to meet them and then Alora would know that I'm an avenger then she might not like me for me but for the people I know.

"It ain't you Tincan," I said and turned on the tv to watch something halfway intelligent. A British show called Vera came onto the tv and I started to watch it. It was rather interesting.

I have no idea what Is popular in America so I put a show I like. Hope that's okay.

By the time the show had finished one by one the others had come into the room and had started watching and eating too. "That was unexpected." I believe bruce said as he got up and collected everyone's plate to go wash them.

"It was great. It really got you thinking to solve the mystery." I said then got up and went to the sink with Bruce. Bruce and I discussed the show while he washed the plates and I dried them. It was nice to just talk about something as easy as a tv show with someone. It wasn't emotionally draining at all as everything else had been recently.

Honest opinions of Alora?

Published 16 June 2021